feedback, Dominion Offline & free subscriptions for old MF users

Previous topic - Next topic

real77

username real77

I want to add what I'd be interested in more than anything below- to match a 4 person game. I love how easily i can quickly find a 2 or 3 person game matched against someone at my skill level. I wish we could do this for 4 person also.   Thanks for the free extra 6 months of expansions!

Here are some features we have on our wishlist; please let me know if you would appreciate/use them:

#3 interests me the most by far, followed by #7, then #6.

1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
I'd rarely use this, but yeah, on a flight or road trip, sounds good!

2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
sounds good

3. A strong bot.
definitely!  i love that games vs. bots are fast, but i rarely do it because they aren't challenging.

4. Options for timed games
I think the timing as it is works fine.

5. Options for undo settings
yes, i like the undo

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
Definitely!

7. Option to invite specific players to your table
Yes please!

8. More translations (to what language?)
no

9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
no

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
I think the visuals are already great.

10. Option to hide the log
no

11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
would be cool to be able to play on the phone!

12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
no

13. Downloadable game logs
no

14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
sounds good.

15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
no

16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
no

majiponi

This is the translation of a post in Japanese subthread.

Quote from: urihari33 on 19 January 2018, 11:00:36 AM
user name :urihari
1,あるとよい
2,実装するならある程度こちらでコントロールしたいしたい。(例、魔女とお金と勝利点だけを買うようなbot
3,なくてもいい
4,ないほうがいい
5,現状でよい
6,自分が対戦しない(観戦する)卓を立てられるようにしてほしい。一番欲しい機能です。
7,ぜひ欲しい
8,不要
9,速度変化が欲しい
10,不要
10,あってもいいと思う
11,必要
12,必要
13,必要
14,必要ない
15,あるとよい
16,あるとよい

他に対戦相手を入れない状態でのゲーム(いわゆる一人回し)を強く希望します。
また闇市場デッキのカスタムもあると少しうれしいです。

user name :urihari
1. Desirable
2. I want to customize it. (EX: A bot who buys Witches, Treasures, and Victories only.)
3. I don't care.
4. I prefer not.
5. As is.
6. Creating an table TO WATCH (not to play) is what I want most.
7. I want it very much.
8. Needless
9. Controlling speed is needed.
10(Piles). Needless
10(Log). Desirable
11. Needed
12. Needed
13. Needed
14. Needless
15. Desirable
16. Desirable

I want a game with no other players (solo practice).

Customizing Black Market Deck makes me happy, too.

MrFrog

Hi,
I'll answer in German:
(and Ingix translates into English)

Ich habe bei Making Fun tatsächlich manchmal offline gespielt, wenn ich keine Internetverbindung hatte oder ich höchstens "nebenbei" spielen konnte bzw. die Möglichkeit bestand, dass ich irgendwann abbrechen musste. Insofern würde ich ein solches Feature bestimmt hin und wieder nutzen, es stört mich aber auch nicht, wenn diese Option nicht verfügbar ist.
At Making Fun I actually played offline sometimes, when I had no internet connection or I could only play with limited attention or there was the possibility I had to stop. So I'd probably use such a feature from time to time, but it also doesn't bother me if it's not available.

Daran hätte ich eher kein Interesse.
Rather not interested.

3. A strong bot.

Je stärker die KI, desto reizvoller ist natürlich auch die Offline-Version! Außerdem wäre eine starke KI gut, um neue Karten kennenzulernen. Als Nocturne rauskam, habe ich mit einigen Karten erstmal eine Handvoll Bot-Spiele gespielt, aber einen wirklichen Indikator, ob man gerade gut spielt, hat man damit nicht.
The stronger the AI, the more tempting would be the offline version! In addition, a strong AI is good to get to know new cards. When Nocturne came out, I played a handful of bot games with some cards, but you don't get a good indication this if way if you are playing well or not.

Daran habe ich kein Interesse. Allerdings fände ich es nicht schlecht, wenn die Zeit, bis man einen nichtstuenden Mitspieler zur Aufgabe zwingen kann, etwas kürzer wäre.
No interest in that. But I'd support shortening the time one has to wait until one can force a non-reacting player to resign.

Mir reicht die bisherige Implementierung eigentlich aus.
The current implementation is good enough for me.

6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.

Ich würde wahrscheinlich nicht dazu kommen, so ein Feature zu nutzen.
I don't think I'd have the time to use such a feature.

Das wäre mitunter eine nützliche Funktion.
That would sometimes be a useful option.

Meine Muttersprache Deutsch gibt es ja schon - wobei ich auch mit Englisch keine Probleme habe.
My mother tongue German already exists -  and I don't have a problem with English either.

Das halte ich nicht für nötig, man kann ja im Zweifelsfall alles im Log nachlesen.
I don't think that's necessary, one can look this up in the log if needed.

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...

Ja, bitte! Das steht, glaube ich, ganz oben auf meiner persönlichen Wunschliste.
Yes, please! That is, I think, on top of my personal wish list.

11. Option to hide the log

Ich finde den Log praktisch - es ist nur nach wie vor seltsam, dass man manche Entscheidungen (z.B. über das Vorzeigen von Reaktionskarten) dort treffen muss, anstatt dafür ein Feld im Hauptfenster zu haben.
I find the log practical, but it is strange that some decisions (like revealing reaction cards) have to be done there instead of in the main window.

12. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)

Ich bevorzuge das Spielen am PC.
I prefer playing on PC.

13. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)

Kein Interesse.
Not interested.

14. Downloadable game logs

Kein wirkliches Interesse.
No real interest.

15. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)

Ich glaube nicht, dass der Aufwand hier dem Nutzen gerecht werden würde.
I don't think the effort would be worth the benefits.

16. Tutorial on how to play Dominion

Brauche ich nicht.
I don't need that.

17. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.

Hätte ich vielleicht bezüglich einiger weniger Punkte ganz am Anfang gebraucht, als Shuffle It neu war. Mittlerweile brauche ich es nicht mehr.
I might have needed that for a few things when I was starting and Shuffle iT was new. But now I don't need that anymore.

Mein abgelaufenes Abo hatte ich letztens übrigens bereits verlängert, als ich Nocturne dazugekauft hatte...
BTW, I extended my previous subscription already when buying Nocturne...

QwertZuiop

As I want to play against other people, Idon`t need an offline version.

If it was there I probably would use it sometimes but I don`t miss it.

3. A strong bot.

Same as 2.

I think i won`t be using this.

I am happy as it is now.

I don`t need this.

7. Option to invite specific players to your table.

This would be a nice feature.

Not needed for me.

I pretty sure, i would turn any animation off.

That would be great.

I won`t hide tha log.

A App for android would be great.

I am not using apple, so not needed for me.

Not needed for me.

It is Ok for me as it is now (Blacklisting)

Not needed for me, but it would be a great feature to get new players to the game.

See 15

ken1

Hi, I enjoy playing dominion online, and find it to be fun, challenging, and an admirable time sink.

my username is ken1 in the game, and I wanted to respond to your questions.

To answer some of your specific questions:

An offline client would be wonderful, as oftentimes I do not have access. Would you plan to have this client available in android format, so that for example a kindle is able to use it?

Making bots with different setting would be a wonderful idea. An example of this type of settings would be in the carcasone online game. Some bots are very strong, some are just plain stupid, and some do weird and fun things.

3. A strong bot.

Most people like strong bots, but it depends on your definition of fun. For me, I like medium challenge bots most of the time, as I do not wish to live on the edge all the time.

Timed games do not really appeal to me, as I play to relax.

Different undo settings would be a wonderful thing, as sometimes when you make a mistake it is really hard to get the amount of undos correct as the game is complicated in term of its stack of activities that occur.

A mini tournament would be fun. I would very likely participate in these daily.

This would be a great idea, as the interface doesnt really allow you to invite friends to play you. The timing has to be perfect, you both have to be in the queue, which doesnt really happen that often.

As an english speaker, the current translation is adequate for me

Better animations does not really help the game play. The current animations are just fine. My opinion is that it would be better to spend your efforts improving the game play and interface, rather than flashy animations.

Now this would help greatly. An option to look into the piles that is more intuitive would be great. Maybe a split pile could be hovered over and would show the underneath card?

Another idea is allowing the log to be sized. I would rather have this than make it hidden.

An android app would be great. Dont forget the kindle too!

This one doesnt do anything for me, as I have an android phone.

I do not see a benefit to downloadable game logs. I play for fun, so no use for me.

Slow players are always an issue. A time bank is always a good idea, as sometimes everyone has connection issues.

I think you have done a great job on the interface, mostly its self explanatory. I think a tutorial is somewhat of a waste of time.

Same as above, I would not waste time on a tutorial.

Thanks!

majiponi

Quote from: hirotashi on 19 January 2018, 02:29:16 PM
1. ストーリーモードでAIと対戦可能な、オフラインのクライアント
希望しますが、優先順位は低めです

2. 異なるプレイスタイルが設定されているAI
希望しますが、優先順位は低めです

3. 強いAI
希望します

4. 対局の制限時間のオプション
希望します

5. やり直しの設定のオプション
希望しません

6. オンラインの小大会 - あなたと友人で簡単に大会を楽しむためのオプション
強く希望します。大中小、様々な規模の大会が開かれることを望みます。

7. あなたの卓に特定のプレイヤーを招待するオプション
希望します

8. 他言語への対応 (何語に対応するかも書いてください)
日本語への対応済みのため特に希望しません

9. カードアニメーションの改良
特に希望しません

10. 分割カード、資料庫・地下室の内容・王子の対象などの表示の改良
希望します。特に特定のプレイヤーだけが確認できる内容はそのように。

10. ログを非表示にするオプション
特に希望しません

11. Android版 (または互換性の向上)
特に希望しません

12. iPhone版 (または互換性の向上)
特に希望しません

13. ログのダウンロード
強く希望します

14. 報告機能の改良 (チャットでの侮辱、遅延行為などの報告用)
希望しますが、優先順位は低めです

15. ドミニオンの遊び方のチュートリアル
強く希望します。日本語版もあればなお良いです。

16. ドミニオンオンラインの遊び方のチュートリアル
強く希望します。日本語版もあればなお良いです。

UserID: hirotashi

1. I'm glad if it exists. (Low priority)
2. I'm glad if it exists. (Low priority)
3. I want it.
4. I want it.
5. I don't want it.
6. I strongly want it. Many tournaments and championships I want to join.
7. I want it.
8. I don't need it as we already have Japanese support.
9. I don't need it.
10(Piles). I want it, especially what only a specific player can see.
10(Log). I don't need it.
11. I don't need it.
12. I don't need it.
13. I strongly want it.
14. I'm glad if it exists. (Low priority)
15. I strongly want it. Having a Japanese version is much better.
16. I strongly want it. Having a Japanese version is much better.

majiponi

Quote from: furuwarawara on 19 January 2018, 02:32:06 PM
user name:furuwarawara

1. あればうれしいがなくてもよい
2. いらない
3. あればうれしいがなくてもよい
4. いらない
5. いらない
6. あればうれしい
7. ほしい
8. 現状で大変感謝しています
9. いらない
10. ほしい
10. いらない
11. ぜひほしい
12. いらない
13. いらない
14. いらない
15. いらない
16. いらない

user name:furuwarawara

1. I'm glad it. (I don't care too much.)
2. I don't need it.
3. I'm glad it. (I don't care too much.)
4. I don't need it.
5. I don't need it.
6. I'm glad it.
7. I want it.
8. I don't need others as I am Japanese.
9. I don't need it.
10(Piles). I want it.
10(Log). I don't need it.
11. I want it a lot.
12. I don't need it.
13. I don't need it.
14. I don't need it.
15. I don't need it.
16. I don't need it.

SirSlugma

Hi, I go by the username SirSlugma on the online client - I previously had an account on Goko/MF with all content up to Adventures, before the move.

Yes, this is my #1 personal priority!  I like to get in a quick game against bots now and then, and I'm typically in classes or on campus in some way a lot of the day, so jumping online is not really a viable option for me.
So being able to play games (w/all expansions) against a competent bot is a very exciting dream for me!  I look forward to the eventual implementation of an offline version.

This would be nice, but not essential. (see #3)

3. A strong bot.
This is probably the most important thing for offline, as you have conceded.  I don't expect Mic Q-level play from a bot, but something that doesn't get caught up on certain cards (ahem, Counterfeit) and can do more than play a baseline big money strategy would be a great improvement.

Would be nice, but is not anywhere near my top priorities.

This seems probably quick and reasonable to implement?  I have no issue with the current implementation of undo aside from the minor bugs that happen from time to time.

This would be a cool feature, but feels far down the pipeline relative to what is needed now.

Probably also pretty fast to implement, but I don't have any problems getting in touch with people via friend lists.

As an English speaker, this is not essential to me.

Yes, this really needs to be improved.  Anything that involves setting aside things, or attacking a computer opponent, happens very quickly and without strong visual confirmation.  At present, the log is generally sufficient to fill the gaps in information, but this ought to be better.

I don't mind the way that set-aside things are shown right now, since that's not content that needs to be permanently visible, but I am sure that for some new players it would be confusing to have objects that remain in-play not shown outside of hovering over a text box.  Not a priority for me, but I'm sure this bothers some people a lot!

Probably would be useful for a mobile/offline version, also requires more distinct animations so log viewing is not relied on.

Definite yes, this is probably the #1 thing I'd like to see, as an implementation of the aforementioned offline version.  I love Race for the Galaxy and regularly use its app for online/offline play, and it's my favorite implementation of a board/card game I've seen yet.  Anything that would similarly allow me to play on the bus/on campus would have me super excited. :)

I'm an android user, but the same feelings I have for an Android app translate here.

Any sort of logging of games is great - I don't use it a ton, but I like to share games/see posts on others' interesting kingdoms/view statistics/etc.

I probably don't play with random players online as much as others, so this is much less of a priority to me.

This wouldn't be necessary to me, but should probably be included, at least in an offline version.

This would be nice, just pointing out some of the key features that are not necessarily intuitive, such as Familiar Cards, Autoplay, and general navigation of the matching/table creating features.

Thanks for your work on Dominion Online!  I am mostly satisfied with the online client and really hope to see an offline version at some point in 2018. :)

dragoonkain

I think I've technically missed this as it's beyond 240 hours after the OP, but worst case scenario you guys have some feedback anyways.

This is my most requested feature since I loved it in the MF version. I will say the MF version was a bit of a slog however and went on a longtime and some matches the trick they were emphasizing was only very mildly different from a previous kingdom however.
Useful, although I don't think I would experiment with this very much.
3. A strong bot.
I would very much appreciate this, although I'd like to be able to toggle bot difficulties so that it could help me introduce people to the game.
Not as huge a fan of this since win conditions can get really muddled when you introduce a timer.
Would really appreciate this, I'm more susceptible to misclicks than the average person.
I've been kinda inactive because of school, I would love this and especially if the community created small ones very easily that I could join and motivate me to play more frequently. Possible to have some restrictions based on ranking?
Yeah, it can get a little awkward when I set a table for a friend and I to play at and randoms find the table and try to join.
None required for me, although I may muck about in the French version to help me practice
I really don't care about this, and the emphasis in MF I find was one of its biggest faults
That would be nice, especially if you didn't have to find a button to make some piles visible and more easily accommodate kingdoms with more piles.
Uninterested in this feature
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?) + 12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
I would be using both of these
Uninterested in this
I find there's a bit of a witch hunt on slower players. Dominion is a thinking game and people will be rude sometimes about me taking my time to think through my plays, but speeding up isn't easy since I have diagnosed slow processing skills and am used to taking one's time in chess. Providing this doesn't target me, I'm for it.
I wound up teaching many people through Isotropic rather than physically, this would be useful for me to get people introduced.
There's a couple weird interactions, like when you place cards on top of your deck which one to place first to place a specific card on top. This may be helpful in that regard.

My account is dragoonkain

Freerk

Username : Freerk

First of all, i would like to say, that I generally like bots, because of the simple fact that bots play a game to the very end of a game. By the way, there are to many players around resigning, even when the game is played less than 50% of its time or even at the beginning of the game just due to a 5/2-start.

Yes please.

Yes. For instance, a game where you can exclude attack-cards or at least curse-pgenerating cards.
   I hate curses till the end of the world and back.

3. A strong bot.
   Great ! May be with adjustable strength or an default-strength that corresponds to your actual
strength.

How about an optionally timestamp at the front of a chatlinecomment or a
   player-relating timezone info ? (  +3  ...  - 6    -> UTC-based )   

With choosable amount for two or more steps back.
   Stepnumber in log would be of benefit. 

Great idea !!! Probably with a build-in table !
   An option for an equal start ( 5/2 or 4/3 ) would be a nice item

Direct chat, without having to enter a specific room - in case the wanted player isnt playing at all
   Timestamp in front of chatmessage would be very usefull

Ja, zeeker. Warom niet ook in het Nederlands ?

No complains

No complains

The default view for the log should be the end of the list. ( latest entry )
    Oftenly in the past i had to scroll down when I changed from trash to log.

Don't need it

Don't need it

A link to the logfile of the played game at the end of game should do.

Don't need it

This is the only point, the formerly plattform was better in.
    There was a kind of experimence-course, where you could improve your skills over and over again.     

Why not ? But for me as a longtime dom-slave there is no need.

Looking forward to the upcoming improvements.  Cheers from the german-dutch boarder

Freerk   

Tobradex

Translation by Ingix

Ein Offline-Client hat für mich keine Priorität.
An offline client has no priority for me.

Das hingegen wäre ganz reizvoll.
That, however, would be tempting.

3. A strong bot.
Auch das würde ich befürworten.
That I would also agree to.

Dafür habe ich keinerlei Bedarf, da ich es höchstens als Spielerei erachte, ohne wirklichen Mehrwert.
I don't need that, that is more a gimmick to me without any added value.

Das wäre hingegen praktisch; allerdings sollten es nicht allzu viele Optionen sein. "Keep it simple"
That would be helpful, but there shouldn't be to many of them: "Keep it simple".

Nein; das brauche ich nicht.
No, I don't need that.

Brauche ich ebenfalls nicht, aber ich könnte mir vorstellen, dass einige es gerne hätten.
I don't need that either, but I imagine that some others might like it.

Für mich  nicht ötig.
Not necessary for me.

Das wäre ein nettes "supplement", über das ich mich freuen würde.
That would be a nice "supplement" that I'd be happy about.

Ja, das, so denke ich, wäre sehr sinnvoll. Ich vergesse manchmal , was darunter ist - und bin dann wieder überrascht...
Yes, I think that would be very helpful. I sometimes forget what's below - and then I'm surprised...

Braucht es nicht.
Not needed.

Ich spiele nur online am PC; schon auf dem Tablet ist es ein Gefummel; und das wäre es wohl erst recht auf dem Smartphone; deshalb: "no thanks"
I only play online at the PC; it's already fiddly on a tablet and it would be even more so on a smartphone; so "no thanks".

Gleiche Antwort wie bei Frage 11.
Same answer as for question 11.

Ich spiele zum Spass; wer "betrügen" möchte - nun ja, da kann man halt nix machen. "Slowplayers" zu "entsorgen" wäre aber schon hin und wieder gut.
I play for fun; if somebody wants to "cheat" - there is nothing one can do. To get rid of some "slowplayers" from time to time would be nice, though.

Ja, da denke ich, dass das sehr gut wäre.
Yes, I think that would be very good.

Auch hier bin ich total dafür.
I'm also very much in favor of this.

Meine frühere Identität war Fidelio oder Fidelio68 (ganz genau weiss ich's nicht mehr...ist ja auch schon lang her.)
My previous identity was Fidelio or Fidelio68 (don't know exactly any more... it's been some time).

Und ganz allgemein: Danke für die bis anhin gute Umsetzung  von Dominion!
Generally: Thanks for the good implementation of Dominion!

windslashz

My thoughts on your questions:

Yes, that would interest me a lot.  I really enjoyed the old campaign.

Yes, I think this would be very beneficial.  I play against bots most of the time and this would engage me more.

3. A strong bot.

Yes, for similar reasons, as above.

N/A, not on my personal list of priorities.

No, don't really care here.

No, I mostly again play against bots.

No, I mostly again play against bots.

No, English is fine with me.

I think this would be interesting, but I would not make it the highest priority.

I think this would be a good feature.

I think this would be a good feature.

I don't own an android phone.

Yes, I would enjoy this.

No, don't really care.

No, since, I don't really play multiplayer that often.

No, since I already know how to play or can google the answer, if I have a specific question about a card or interaction.

No, since I already am familiar wit the process.

Username is SOB

mrPersonPerson

Hi there!  Here's my feedback, my username is "doug murphy" (yes, with a space)

This is not something I would ever use
I don't play against bots, would never use.
3. A strong bot.
Again, would never use.
Mild interest.
Medium?  I find the current undo system mostly works for me, I wish it said what I was undoing, but this is minor.
This seems like fun.  Medium interest.
Definitely want this.  I often play with my wife, and if someone else finds my table before she does, I have to kick them out.  It's awkward.
No thanks, I play in English.
I don't really care about animations.  As others have said, I would worry about computer performance.
This is a huge one for me.  The worst parts of playing now are when I can't really see what I'm doing.
I would never use this.
This would be great!  I would play on my phone if I could.
No iphone; no interest.
No interest.
Never needed this.
I already know how to play, so I don't need this.
See #15.

orangeguy

Username:orangeguy

I am glad I checked today, we used to play all the time on the old system and remarked at lunch how we missed it.  I would say the thing that would be most important to me is a good offline version.  We play Ticket 2 ride, splendor, small world and star realms and the one that ends up getting played most often is the one that works without having an internet connection required.  So the ability to invite friends to a game and maybe also a pass and play ability stand alone would be awesome.  I will be going around the corner to a friend of mine to encourage them to come here and comment and we are going to try your version out again next week during lunch time.

I would definitely pay for a stand alone version as I did already once before which I know is a sore subject.  BUT you're a different company, I can't blame you for trying to provide a good service, you should get paid for doing so.  You might consider many of us prefer an annual plan for things if there is any type of discount for paying for the whole year.

Thanks for the improvements, Ill try playing against a bot for a few games to try and get back into the swing of things.
Soli Deo Gloria

morris249

My username on dominion.games is jmore

Here are some features we have on our wishlist; please let me know if you would appreciate/use them:
--I have no interest in campaigns, I prefer to play against humens

--I have no interest in bots

3. A strong bot.
--I have no interest in bots

--The current timing systems is not ideal. I recommend an increment clock (such as the one suggested by Bobby Fischer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_clock#Timing_methods)

--The current undo is fine.

--I am very interested in ranked tournaments with timed best of 3 game matches. Ideally single elimination starting with 8 or so players. In addition to private tournaments, a constantly open public queue would be nice. Ideally this would come with some prize incentive. Possibly a tournament series where you earn entry into big monthly/annual tournaments.

--No interest.
--No interest.
--The current animations are nice, prioritize speed/ease of play.

10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, .
--This is needed, I always have to google the split piles.

--Would be nice but not high priority.

--only if its easily playable, MF version for iphone was impossible to play on a smart phone

--same as above.

--Nice, but not a high level of interest.

--Slow players would be solved by a good clock system. (Increment chess clock)

--No interest

--No interest

Thanks for all of your work on the game!

Josh Morris