Disable Pretend to Think In Bot Games

Previous topic - Next topic

JW

Please disable all "pretend to think" options (e.g., Gladiator) in games with only one human and the rest bots.

AdamH

Quote from: JW on 26 February 2018, 06:01:12 PM
Please disable all "pretend to think" options

+1

Really the problem is inconsistency. Gladiator is the only card that allows you to pretend to think, but whenever Moat is on the board and my opponent plays an attack it doesn't prompt me to pretend to think when I don't have a Moat. And that would be silly. The solution is just to get rid of this prompt entirely. It's confusing, can come across as condescending, and it takes away from the user experience.

YooperJake

Yes, completely agree that this prompt is frivolous.  If you don't have a copy, it should just skip the step IMHO.

Quote from: AdamH on 27 February 2018, 01:42:17 PM
Quote from: JW on 26 February 2018, 06:01:12 PM
Please disable all "pretend to think" options

+1

Really the problem is inconsistency. Gladiator is the only card that allows you to pretend to think, but whenever Moat is on the board and my opponent plays an attack it doesn't prompt me to pretend to think when I don't have a Moat. And that would be silly. The solution is just to get rid of this prompt entirely. It's confusing, can come across as condescending, and it takes away from the user experience.

Dwedit

This really should be an auto-play option anyway.
Either you care about counting the trashed gladiators, and ensuring they end up where you want them, or you don't.