Autoplay for Torturer

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan.echternacht

There should be an autoplay option for not discarding once the curses run out. Currently, you have to keep clicking "Don't Discard", which is almost always the choice you want (and hence why autoplay would be nice).

allanfieldhouse

That would definitely be nice.

I'm not sure if this should default to on or off though. There actually are quite a few situations where you still do want the discard: Menagerie, Diplomat, Tunnel, etc

ryan.echternacht

@allanfieldhouse I definitely agree it should probably be auto-off for the reason you mentioned (and a few crazy ones like you don't want to be forced to cycle from an opposing minion, you want to handicap a possession hand, or you're playing around triggering a weird shuffle).

The real reason I want is for pace of play -- it really slows down turns when I have to wait for opponents to respond to prompts every 5-10 seconds.

YooperJake

Quote from: ryan.echternacht on 15 January 2018, 10:05:52 PM
@allanfieldhouse I definitely agree it should probably be auto-off for the reason you mentioned (and a few crazy ones like you don't want to be forced to cycle from an opposing minion, you want to handicap a possession hand, or you're playing around triggering a weird shuffle).

The real reason I want is for pace of play -- it really slows down turns when I have to wait for opponents to respond to prompts every 5-10 seconds.

+1 [of course "auto-off" is the default for all autoplay AFAIK]

Dwedit

If you have tunnel, or Draw To X effects, you might want to do the discards anyway.  But otherwise, yeah, you want the choice to stop discarding.