Base Cards keep re-activating themselves as 'familiar'

Previous topic - Next topic

joel88s

Apologies if this has been reported already, but I am finding that several Base Cards keep making themselves 'familiar' even after I de-activate the whole set. I can grey out all the cards, if I move to another set and then return to the Base Set window it is still all greyed out. But once I start a game with a bot, Base Cards still appear, and when I later return to the Familiar Cards window, I find about 10 of them have 're-activated' themselves. (See attached screen shot.)

Is there a way to make this stop?

Many thanks.

Ingix

Thanks for reporting this issue, and welcome to the forum. I can confirm that this behavior exists (I just tested it with my own account) and I think I have an explanation.

If I remember correctly, in the beginning players would inadvertantly mark *all* of their cards as unfamiliar. Then they could not start a game, because the game could not find 10 cards they were familiar with.

The solution was that 10 cards from the base set were always marked as familiar, I think it is one of the 'suggested Kingdoms' from the rulebook of the base set. This is what you are seeing.

What can you do about it? I assume you want to play games that do no contain cards from the base set. If you want to play a bot, go to the "New Table" tab, then press the "Create Table" button. There, press "Select Kingdom Cards", which shows you the page I appended as a screenshot. Here you can choose a card directly to include into your Kingdom, if you so desire. Any card not explicitely set will be taken at random from any of the selected sets to the left. What you need to do is to unselect the base set. Klick on the tickmark I circled. It should become empty, and this means only cards from the other sets will be used.

joel88s

Many thanks for the clear and prompt reply! I appreciate the workaround using the Create Table interface, especially as it also answers another question I'd been wondering about, which is how to select particular cards for a kingdom.

I have to say, having seen the various online incarnations of this game, overall this implementation is extremely impressive.