Card order, after multiple Princes???

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Prince almost never comes up in my games with Lord Rat (or against real players, for that matter), so I have not been able to test this.

If you Prince a card (let's say Militia) and several turns later, you Prince another card (say, Throne Room), what happens now?
1.  The game automatically plays them in the order you got them, so each turn, you would get the effect of Militia and then an "open TR," ready to double whatever action was in your hand that turn. Or...
2.  The game automatically plays them "newest Prince'd card first."  So, you would get a doubled Militia each turn, and then play your hand normally.  Or...
3.  The game knows to give you a choice, you pick an order, and the game plays that order from then on.   Or...
4.  The game gives you a choice, and you pick a different order every single turn.

[And a related question--only IF #3, above, happens to be correct; what happens if you, later, get a third Prince'd card?  Would you get to re-order all three?  Or would the already-decided order of the first two be 'fixed,' and you'd then have to decide if the third card went before that pair, or, after that pair (ie, either first or third)? ]

kingdedede

#4 is correct. Both plays happen at the same time, so you choose the order.

Also, you won't throne room that militia, since throne room says to play an action card from your hand twice. The prince'd militia isn't in your hand, so it isn't played twice.

santamonica811

King,
Thanks.  I doubt I'll ever see a set of cards that would make me try to get/play multiple Princes.  But it's nice to know how they'd work in tandem, just in case . . .  :)

Ingix

I can confirm that the game actually implements option 4. It's rare that you get enough 'time' in the game to buy und use 2 Princes, but it happened to me once or twice (Lord Rat often gives you the time if he is choosing one of his less brilliant strategies).

And just to be sure, josh: You know you can select which cards are used in the Kingdom when you start your own Table? So you can play a few games with Prince, if you want, without the need to wait for the random chance to get one.