re: feedback

Previous topic - Next topic

billdev

I am unable to reply to the feedback post.  There is no reply button on it.

Ingix

The thread is locked, see here for the my guess on the reasons.

Amalka

Hi, I tried to send my feedback few days ago. I am not sure, if I was successful.
I thinks that your approach is a little bit unfair. I am one of the people, who bought the dominion licence from MF few years ago. At the end of december I decided to stop visit your webside, because I didn't want to play only basic cards and I wasn't compliant to pay 42 EUR for only one year. The information about the ten days limit was only on the dominion webside. How I sould obtain this information???
If there is sometinkg new and very important, I expected an e-mail.

would you be so kind and reassess the decision about the ten days limit and provide other users half a year licence, please??
I am big fan of Dominion. I love it for many years. I loved the offline version from MF and I like your dominion web. Few years ago I paid my money for "forever" licence and today I have nothing :-((((.
Amalka

yed

MF never had offline version!

Philip

Quote from: yed on 27 January 2018, 01:23:10 PM
MF never had offline version!

That's unfair; their version was offline like half the time.

gauderio

I think Dominion Online very good game.
A good improvment would be a creation of the campaign mode! Including 2, 3, 4 players campaign.

FrogOrCat

Quote from: Amalka on 27 January 2018, 01:16:58 PM
Hi, I tried to send my feedback few days ago. I am not sure, if I was successful.
I thinks that your approach is a little bit unfair. I am one of the people, who bought the dominion licence from MF few years ago. At the end of december I decided to stop visit your webside, because I didn't want to play only basic cards and I wasn't compliant to pay 42 EUR for only one year. The information about the ten days limit was only on the dominion webside. How I sould obtain this information???
If there is sometinkg new and very important, I expected an e-mail.

I'm in the same boat here. Sure it would have been more thoughtful and spread more goodwill to send an email, rather than relying on people logging in and being lead to this forum. But really, they didn't have to make this offer at all and so I'm glad for those who got in on it.

Candidly, while I love playing Dominion online (we own all of the physical decks but my family isn't as keen to play at the frequency I'd prefer), this current iteration has been so problematic and slow to progress that I'd rather move onto something else for anything more than a quick diversion. There's no way I'm paying an ongoing subscription with the current state of the product. There are so many games I can own and play (and pay ongoing only for upgrades) on Steam or elsewhere that are more robust, less buggy, and have smarter AI. I have no idea what goes into making a game like this and I'm probably sounding like a jerk to the company/workers who picked up the pieces of Dominion. But comparing what I can get elsewhere and at what price and terms, I'm not ready to open my wallet again for this game, even though it's pretty much my favorite one to play. I am looking forward to seeing the offline version and campaigns.