Why do games become unrated when someone quits...

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranna156

I notice in 3 player games when someone quits or gets 'replaced' the game becomes 'unrated'. Why? people quit all the time when they are losing and it is frustrating. Not sure if this happens with 2 player or not since it auto goes to the score screen.

It is also frustrating that when in a 3 player game and you get booted (in my scenario here it is computer/internet issues) and then you can't get back in. I think there should be a way you can replace a bot if it took your place...maybe like 3 times max to prevent slow rollers or something. PLEASE do something about this.

Stef

Quote from: Ranna156 on 20 March 2018, 09:37:04 AM
I notice in 3 player games when someone quits or gets 'replaced' the game becomes 'unrated'. Why? people quit all the time when they are losing and it is frustrating. Not sure if this happens with 2 player or not since it auto goes to the score screen.

It is also frustrating that when in a 3 player game and you get booted (in my scenario here it is computer/internet issues) and then you can't get back in. I think there should be a way you can replace a bot if it took your place...maybe like 3 times max to prevent slow rollers or something. PLEASE do something about this.

3 player rated game: when someone resigns the rated part is over. The remaining players both win, the leaving player loses extra to compensate for the two winners (that person loses more rating then when he or she would stay and end last). The remaining players will finish the game for fun with a bot, but the conditions are now so different that it doesn't count anymore.

2 player rated game: resigning is counted the same as losing. The remaining player can finish the game with a bot if he or she so desires, but that will also be unrated.

You do not get booted from a game for having internet issues, unless those issues continue for >4 minutes. At some point we'll have to consider the fun of the remaining players too.