Bug??? Courtier + Werewolf

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Game 10597682.

The game had both Courtier and Werewolf.  A combo I had not seen before.  But, hey, Werewolf is a Doom Card that has 4 types . . . Woo-hoo (I thought to myself).  Each time I can pair up the two, I'll get all 4 bonuses!!!

Nope.  When I tried this, I only got a gold.  I've looked at the text carefully, and I can't figure out why I would not get the extra bonuses. 
a. Is Werewolf a card?  Of course . . . the game calls it a Doom Card. 
b. Does it have more than one type?  Yep, there are 4, at the bottom of the card, right where each other card has its type(s) listed.

Anyone have an idea why this does not work?  Or, just a bug, that will later be addressed/fixed?

markus

Your game number seems to be wrong.
You do get all 4 bonuses automatically, so maybe you missed that as the log only mentions the Gold gain. The others should be visible in the info box in the middle (Action, Buy, Coins).

santamonica811

No, that did not work.  Easy to check...after playing this, I had no actions left.  And no coins in my "bank".  And no extra buy. 

I hit undo and played it a second time, just to make sure I was not missing or overlooking anything.  Nope...it did not work.  And since I had built my deck around this strategy, I played it again at least 2-4 other times...each time I automatically got a gold, run out of actions, and that was the end of my turn (well, the end of the Action phase.).

I'll try and create a deck with those two Actions and see if the bug replicates. 

Not sure why you were not able to locate the game...I think I cut-and-pasted the game number from the tab with the running game to my earlier post in this thread.  :-(

santamonica811

Just created a sample/test game (10625273, Tokyo).  Here, the combo DOES work properly.

So, just a weird one-off bug, I am guessing.  (Since I did try it multiple times in my original game, there is zero chance--in my mind, anyway  :) ) that it was working properly before.

Happy to see that it's now working...I do enjoy playing games where there's an unusual combination and/or strategy.

Ranna156

do you recall what device you played it on originally? Maybe it is another Android bug for example. I did just try it myself (on a laptop using google chrome) and took screen shots of before and after. It worked for me and here are the shots:

santamonica811

I only play on my home desktop (PC), using Firefox as the browser. 

If I had not played the original game so carefully after the first time the combo did not work; I'd say that I just overlooked all the extra 3 bonuses.  But it's sort of impossible to overlook playing the combo and having no actions left!  :-)

Since I cannot replicate the problem, you cannot replicate it, and people looking for the original game cannot even find/load it; we'll chalk it up--for now--as an aberration.  Hopefully, one that no one else will experience.

Ingix

The problem with the game number you give is not that it doesn't load, it is that it contains neither Courtier nor Werwolf, and the player name isn't anything near "josh bornstein".

Was that game a rated game? If so, it should be locatable on Dominion Scavenger. But it doesn't find a player "josh bornstein" at all.

santamonica811

Ingix,
1.  On the actual game-playing site, my username is "santamonica811"
2.  Since it was a 'bot game, I am pretty sure that it was unrated, right?

Ingix

Thanks for the info, and now it's clear that that was indeed a game by you (and unrated, as you assumed).
What I guess happened is that you played several games against a bot, and since they aren't really talkative, the chat window was probably holding messages about you starting multiple games, and when you copied the number you chose the wrong one (probably a previous one).

I totally believe you that you found an error, because, as you say, having an Action afterwards is a consequence of getting all 4 effects of Courtier. But just as you and Markus did, I also tried to replicate the problem and couldn't.
I'll see if I can somehow find the game number anyway.

Again, thanks for reporting this!

baconmaster

I got the same error.  Game # #12693518 on tokyo.
When I use a Courtier, then reveal a Werewolf, it simply automatically gives me a Gold, with no choices.  When I rewind (Undo) and try again with a Raider instead, it properly gives me 3 choices.

markus

There are no choices when revealing Werewolf, because it has 4 types. So you automatically get all 4 options of Courtier.
Raider only has 3 types and you can choose which option you don't want.

Ingix

As markus said, you got all 4 bonuses automatically. In your screenshot, you have 2 buys and $3, which are not explainable by the other cards you played (you drew cards from Steward). Counting the Actions you played and gained via Blessed Village, the 2 Actions you have must also account for one Action gained by Courtiers.