Always stay logged in (cookies)

Previous topic - Next topic

yed

Please implement "Always stay logged in" by cookies feature.

It would be kinda ok without it, if remember password in browser worked, but it does not.

SirDagen

Greetings,
SirDagen

ApoY2k

I know this is old, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but this feature request is literally the reason I registered because it's a really important feature that is missing in this otherwise awesome site.

Ingix

I'm not sure if this isn't already implemented. If you don't log out from the game, then the next time you browse to the site it will open your account again.

This may not work if you switch between playing on different devices, I haven't tested that.

ApoY2k

It does work but seems to be a bit buggy...

The session id is saved into localStorage, but when I leave the page it gets deleted. When I close the browser complelety, it stays and I'm logged in when coming back.

Hmmm...

Stef

Quote from: ApoY2k on 31 January 2018, 09:59:26 PM
It does work but seems to be a bit buggy...

The session id is saved into localStorage, but when I leave the page it gets deleted. When I close the browser complelety, it stays and I'm logged in when coming back.

Hmmm...

I don't fully understand what you're saying here. For me it just saves the session id and logs me back in when I get back. What do you mean by "when I leave" if it's not closing the browser?
If you click "logout" it deletes the session id (and also instructs the server to invalidate it) but I don't assume that is what you're describing?

ApoY2k

It appears that sometimes, when loading up the page, the session in local storage gets invalidated. I haven't been able to properly reproduce it, though. If I can, I'll report back.