crumbling castle and aquaduct

Previous topic - Next topic

florrat

I believe there is a bug with the interaction of crumbling castle and aquaduct.

Scenario:
- Buy an crumbling castle when aquaduct is in the game

Expected behavior:
- Player is asked in which order to resolve the when-gain ability of crumbling castle (Gain a Silver) or the when-gain ability of aquaduct (when gaining VP card, take all VP tokens from here).

Actual behavior:
- You gain the VP from Aquaduct before the Silver (while you almost always want it the other way around).

Game:
#11388607 on tokyo

EDIT: same with Haunted Castle

Ingix

Thanks for reporting the bug! This is indeed incorrect behavior, I think due to an optimization on Aqueduct (normally it doesn't matter when you gain the VP, and the game knows to ask you about the order when you gain a Treasure-Victory card, like Humble Castle).

florrat

Quote from: Ingix on 06 February 2018, 10:45:57 AM
the game knows to ask you about the order when you gain a Treasure-Victory card
I was wondering about that. Is there a way for Humble Castle (or other Treasure-Victory piles) to gain VP tokens?

In either case, as another optimization of Aquaduct, I think if there are 0 VP on a treasure pile, the "Move 1 VP to Aquaduct"-event should not trigger.

Ingix

Quote from: florrat on 07 February 2018, 01:35:24 AM
Quote from: Ingix on 06 February 2018, 10:45:57 AM
the game knows to ask you about the order when you gain a Treasure-Victory card
I was wondering about that. Is there a way for Humble Castle (or other Treasure-Victory piles) to gain VP tokens?

I don't think so at the moment. The only time some tokens get put on something that doesn't expect it seems to be the setup of the game. Defiled Shrine would be a good candidate, but there are no Action-Treasure-Victory piles at the moment.

In either case, as another optimization of Aquaduct, I think if there are 0 VP on a treasure pile, the "Move 1 VP to Aquaduct"-event should not trigger.

Currently you are right, with the same reasoning as above. But who knows that the next expansion brings?