Game is super slow

Previous topic - Next topic

Ingix

I don't think the forum servers and the game servers are in any way connected. Is the remaining part of your internet connection OK?

markus

Also typing in the textbox doesn't need any internet connection. Maybe we also didn't understand your problem correctly.

santamonica811

Yeah, I have no idea why this forum and the Dominion site (which are, as you noted, distinct and separate entities) suddenly went so slow, and did so at the same time.  My first step, of course, was to try the other sites that I often use.  Yahoo, YouTube, etc..  Everything was working at normal high-speed levels.  Only these two sites, which were incredibly slow.  I tried a few hours later, and all was working normally.  So, my problem was short-term (knock on wood).  :-)

bananny

LAGGY AND FRUSTRATING YET AGAIN!  PLEASE FIX IT!

bananny

Joining game #20279318 on frankfurt.

bananny

Still laggy... What's the matter?  The person who can fix this is asleep again?  If only I could find that post and quote it.  I might make that my next mission if I can't play.

bananny

Approx 30 minutes later and I'm still lagging real bad.  Found it.

Quote from: bananny on 19 December 2017, 03:37:20 AM
Response from similar issue that happened in May.  This was posted at 4:30am eastern time / 1:30am pacific time (USA)

Quote from: Stef on 22 May 2017, 10:34:50 AM
Sorry people... this happened while I was asleep. So far I've been reasonably happy with the uptime but clearly something went wrong here. It's been mostly unplayable for the last ~12 hours.

I'm guessing we're in for the same kind of wait.  I don't think us posting and complaining gets anybody out of bed.... I wish it did ;)

bananny

Quote from: bananny on 04 December 2018, 03:10:44 AM
Quote from: Ingix on 14 November 2018, 11:43:06 AM
It's unfortunate that your time zone seems to be such that your playing hours coincide with Stef's sleeping hours.

Here we are again.  So, since the subscription I pay for is primarily used when I am done with work and eating dinner, around 6pm - 10pm frame in my time zone and this is a time when there is NO support, does that mean that people in my time zone (mountain time, USA) get a partial refund on their subscriptions due to below ideal playing conditions with NO SUPPORT?

Lag, lag, lag, lag, lag.... This is really effing frustrating.  If I didn't have to pay for it... AGAIN... I wouldn't be complaining so much.  This is unacceptable.

Dwedit

Had to resign a couple of games due to getting over 20 seconds of lag between actions.

Dwedit

Just had more cases of the server being completely unresponsive, more than 30 seconds of lag.

bananny

Yup.  It's broken.  That was a nice long run with no issues.  But... here we are... again.

Point of reference if you need it, Joining game #22959540 on frankfurt.

Ingix

Thanks for notifying about the problem. I just tested and it seems to working OK now (I assume the server(s) where restarted). If problems persist/come again, please post!

Dwedit

Had another superlag recently.

bananny

It's doing it again... :(

Please fix it.

Please.

bananny

So are we stuck all night because the one person that can fix the lag is asleep?  Please... PLEASE teach somebody in another time zone how to fix this so those of us in the USA aren't screwed when this happens during our evening / after work hours.