Ghost Ship does not let you order cards when you topdeck

Previous topic - Next topic

jaina8851

I did this wrong three times in a game and ended up drawing an Estate instead of the other card that I was trying to topdeck. My intuition was "the first card I click will be on top, and the second card I click will be second in line", but the UI interprets as "the first card you click will be topdecked first and the second card will be topdecked second and end up on top." There are no numbers to indicate which order things will happen, or a pop-up to let you drag and drop to "top" and "bottom" like there is for other cards. After the first time this happened, I was like "okay, remember to do it right next time" and the second time, I couldn't remember what I did the first time, so reasoned through what I thought would be right, and got it wrong. And then I did it again. After the third time, I wrote it down, but this nearly cost me the game.

jaina8851

Yo can this get some action please? I ran into this AGAIN today, game #13109315. I had three actions and one victory card in my hand, and I clicked 'action' 'action' 'action' 'victory'. Imagine my surprise and frustration after my opponent did their entire long turn to see that I ended up with the victory card in my hand when I did my next +1 card.

Martin plays Piano

In fact, this can be interpreted in different ways - especially with some other cards in the game it is actually solved differently (or better). In this respect, I agree with you that a term top/bottom or next/overnext would help.

I don't have any real trouble with Ghost Ship, though, because I always imagine the situation in a real paper game - the first discarded card goes into the draw pile and the second card goes into the pile on top - so it covers the first discarded card and with your next turn is of course drawn first.
I find it somehow very logical that it was solved exactly this way in the online game - but again, some text descriptions would avoid the possible confusion, which - by the way - might affect not only newbies.

Have fun
Rachmaninoff

Rabid

Ghost Ship attack is not "put back N cards".
It is: Put cards on top of deck (one at a time) until hand size is 3.

jaina8851

Every other card that topdecks multiple cards puts up a screen that lets you order them. Since you are allowed to order the cards you topdeck in real life, you should be able to do it with this card too. I'm glad it's super clear to all of you, but I get the order of actions wrong on this card literally every time. I don't think it's that outrageous to ask that this card behaves the same way as all the other cards that have you topdeck.

Ingix

I agree that it should be done, you are not the first to trip on that.

The reason why it was not done is probably something technical. I guess it has to do with the cards coming from the hand, so there is already a representation of them on the screen. This is different from putting back cards for effects like Apothecary, where the cards need to be put on the screen anyway for you to see them.

jaina8851

That makes sense. I wonder if it would be possible to add some kind of annotation for TOP instead of just the selection X? If I click the three cards and don't see the TOP until the end, I would know to cancel and re-order it.

jeebus

I agree that this should be improved.

I also think the x is a horrible idea, that I reported way back in the beginning, and I thought it was a temporary thing that would be fixed. I was actually confused about what the x meant when I bought Inn. To me an "x" means that you exclude it. So I had no idea if I was selecting cards to be shuffled in or selecting cards to not be shuffled in. I reported it: http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=1155.msg3347
But nothing has happened.

A yellow "x" is used for discarding, a red "x" for trashing, and this is fine. But for selecting cards otherwise, it should be a checkmark, not an "x".