Show trash

Previous topic - Next topic

SirDagen

Hi folks,

I love the end screen where I can see the contents of the decks, but I really miss the content of the trash. I often wonder what the trash looks like to really understand what happened during a game. Would be so insightful. Is that difficult to implement?
Greetings,
SirDagen

santamonica811

Seconded.

Actually, I wish there was a clickable button for showing the trashed cards.  And another for bringing back the game log, so one could review a game after it was finished.  (It *really* can slow down a game when someone carefully monitors the game log turn by turn.  They are apologetic, but when they say, "Sorry, but I don't have the chance to do it after the game is over.", well; it's really hard to argue with that logic.)  I wonder what logistical/programming issue prevents this?...I would think a significant number of players would like to have at least the ability to review a game log after the fact.

Ingix

For the moment, they can copy the game log and save it to a text file when the game is over and they are presented with the "The game is over" dialog. If all goes well, the next updated will make this copy look nice when made from Firefox as well as it already does for Chrome.

> I wonder what logistical/programming issue prevents this?

Always hard to tell. What may not be clear is that the game log isn't a text file that is stored somewhere on the server. Instead, it is the actions that are stored, and then the log is recreated if the game is reloaded. For exmaple, if you load the game of a game between two players who both used Chineese as their language when they played, the game will be shown in your language, including the game log.