Game end screen of wrong game

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

Something very strange just happened to me, I'll try to describe it the best I can:

I opened the client. I see that one of my friends is spectating a game so I click the "join" button. Later I leave the table but the game is still going on. I went back to the main screen and clicked the button that sets me up with a quick game against one bot.

That game loads, I play out the game, the game ends and I click the "OK" button on the window that says that the game has ended. It takes me to a game end screen, but it appears to be the game end screen for the game I was spectating -- not the one against the bot I had just played.

The table appears to still be right: I'm sitting with Lord Rattington at a table and I can edit that table just fine, but the results, score, deck contents and break down is all for the game I was spectating.

I'm not sure what other information I can provide but this was very weird.

Ingix

Thanks for the info, Adam.

Another player reported problems yesterday that could ultimately be traced down to connection problems to the different game related servers. Your problem sounds similar. The screen you see after the game ends is coming from a different server than used to play the game. If there is a connection problem, you might get to see 'stale' data from a previous game, like the one you spectated.

It's not clear why the connection problems were there, they assume a browser update. Or maybe the connection was really problematic. But what you saw (and I experienced also rarely) may be ultimately caused by the server not knowing that you played another game after spectating.

Koksa

Quote from: Ingix on 10 October 2018, 09:51:46 AM
Thanks for the info, Adam.

Another player reported problems yesterday that could ultimately be traced down to connection problems to the different game related servers. Your problem sounds similar. The screen you see after the game ends is coming from a different server than used to play the game. If there is a connection problem, you might get to see 'stale' data from a previous game, like the one you spectated.

It's not clear why the connection problems were there, they assume a browser update. Or maybe the connection was really problematic. But what you saw (and I experienced also rarely) may be ultimately caused by the server not knowing that you played another game after spectating.

I had the same thing, but I played with a real opponent, my game freeze and then unexpectedly ended. Saw the screen with me and my opponent at the table, but the result of players from the table previously visited.