Knights stopped working mid-way through the game (plus weird LR trashing choice)

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Game: 12452955 Tokyo

Since Knights were the only attack, I bought a few and Lord Rat bought one.  There was one defense (Moat) on the table...I bought one and LR bought zero.

I played the knights throughout the game.  In the beginning, they worked as expected.  But towards the end of the game, I would played them, but they seemed to have no effect.  At least, the log showed no effect.

For example, Turn 21 of the game.  At the least, the log should say, "LR discards 2 coppers," right???  But it showed only my play, and nothing re what LR did or did not have to do in response to my attack.

Separate observation:  Turn 20.  Lord Rat played Junk Dealer.  AND TRASHED ONE OF HIS PROVINCES!!!  This, is, obviously, the worst possible move one could make.  Can't we program LR so that, "Provinces and Colonies are NEVER trashed.  If LR has Junk Dealer (Chapel, etc) and all other cards in the hand are Prov/Colonies...do NOT play JD/Chapel!!!"  Simple, yes.   :-)

Rabid

Rat has no deck, so you can't revel or trash cards from it.

"Turn 20 - Lord Rattington
L plays a Junk Dealer.
L trashes a Province.
L shuffles their deck.
L draws 3 cards."

Draws only 3 cards because that is the whole deck.

santamonica811

Rabid,
Thanks.  That definitely explains why my Knights stopped working as an attack.

[Now, the idiocy of LR deciding to "suicide" by trashing most of its cards is an entirely different matter, of course.  Alas.]  :(

I wonder why that happened.  I've definitely played 'bot games with a trasher in the deck, and LR did not do that sure-loss suicide strategy.  Is this a known bug/behavior with specific trashers in conjunction with other specific cards?  Or is this just something random, and just something that pops up from time-to-time?  Now, I wish I had not ended the game when I did . .  if I had extended the game by 10 or 20 turns; would LR have trashed the last two Provinces it had?  And played out the entire rest of the game with one Junk Dealer, and nothing else--vainly trying to trash cards it no longer had.   :-)

Eric83

Might be completely unrelated, but I just finished a game with Knights on the board, as well as Remake. LR kept buying Remakes while he could. And then he kept playing Remakes and trashing Providences until all he had left was one Remake and another random card. Early on he was beating me and had 30 points. Final score was 42-0.