Upside down cards from opponent

Previous topic - Next topic

Puk

I was wondering if there will ever be a setting so you can set your opponents cards not upside down. This was one of the first things i noticed about this implementation, and i still don't see to plus side from it. Is everybody getting used to this, or do people really like this?

Just wondering. I think it's really annoying, especially for spectating.

Ingix

The problem I see is that the cards are not fully shown, just around half of them (you see them fully on your opponent's turn if you have the set the 'Move kingdom and play area' option to 'yes'). If you turn them, you'll see the bottom half of the card, meaning it cost, type line and part of the text, which may not be good enough to identify the crds.

AdamH

Well of course we still want to see relevant information on the card -- name and artwork, we just don't want it to be upside down.

WhiteRabbit1981

just my 2 cents:
I think putting those cards upside down was a very clever way to have the cards visible without taking away too much screen space. It also has a nice flair, call it "authentic" - the other player "sits" at the other side of the screen / table.
So if you ever need a voice saying "i like the upside down cards", quote me.

AdamH

But we're not at a table. We're sitting at a computer.

Puk

and when we're at a table, when we want to read a card, we can just take it. on a computer we have to learn to read upside down, or turn or screen upside down.
(or, of course, write some code that can make you see it the right way)

WhiteRabbit1981

Quoteand when we're at a table, when we want to read a card, we can just take it. on a computer we have to simply right click it
fixed that for you

Cave-O-Sapien

For me this is only an issue when spectating, and then the issue is not so much that some cards are upside down, it's that cards in hand are a different orientation than those in play.

For example, the "top player" has upside down cards in hand, but right-side up cards in the play area. I often get screwed up over whose turn I'm watching.

Puk

Quote from: WhiteRabbit1981 on 13 March 2018, 06:54:23 PM
Quoteand when we're at a table, when we want to read a card, we can just take it. on a computer we have to simply right click it
fixed that for you

tought you had me. the i tested it, it doesn't work for your opponents hand.

also, i was wondering if this was only me: whenever i see my opponent has 6(/9) cards left, i always think it's 9 (/6).

AdamH

Quote from: Puk on 14 March 2018, 12:49:13 PM
also, i was wondering if this was only me: whenever i see my opponent has 6(/9) cards left, i always think it's 9 (/6).

This so much. It drives me crazy. The best solution is probably to underline 6 and 9 when they appear by themselves, but who are we kidding...