See all Kingdom Cards

Previous topic - Next topic

Cave-O-Sapien

I suggest a small card browser that is roughly the same size as the current card preview:

a) Clicking on a card/name brings up the browser centered on the clicked on card.

b) horizontal arrows let you move between card piles; vertical arrows let you flip through different cards in that pile.

santamonica811

Donald,
1.  In a deck with Knights, it's great for a beginning player to be able to see all the various knights, since each one has a unique effect. That's pretty obvious, and no one would argue with you.  As you envision this; would a player be able to merely see all 8 cards, or, all 8 cards IN THE ORDER THEY HAPPEN TO BE in this particular game?  Obviously a huge difference in strategy if you know in advance the order...not sure if one is inherently "better" than the other.

2.  Same sort of question re Black Market.  In IRL games, I guess the rules call for players to know in advance which 'extra' cards with be in the mix, if a Black Market is played, right?  So far, the online game does not do this, which was a conscious decision of the website developers. (I'm not sure if this decision was due to programming difficulties, or due to a determination that the game just plays better if players are left in the dark.)   So...do you envision an online game where the Black Market supply cards will be visible to players?  And if the answer to that is 'yes,' then will/should we also know the order of the cards?   

JW

Quote from: josh bornstein on 28 March 2018, 09:20:56 PM
Donald,
1.  In a deck with Knights, it's great for a beginning player to be able to see all the various knights, since each one has a unique effect. That's pretty obvious, and no one would argue with you.  As you envision this; would a player be able to merely see all 8 cards, or, all 8 cards IN THE ORDER THEY HAPPEN TO BE in this particular game?  Obviously a huge difference in strategy if you know in advance the order...not sure if one is inherently "better" than the other.

You don't get to see the order of the Knights pile, see the Dark Ages rulebook. But seems fine to remind yourself what they do during the game, though unfortunately the Dark Ages rulebook doesn't show that so for in-person games you'd need to use some other source like the Dominion Wiki.

Quote2.  Same sort of question re Black Market.  In IRL games, I guess the rules call for players to know in advance which 'extra' cards with be in the mix, if a Black Market is played, right?  So far, the online game does not do this, which was a conscious decision of the website developers. (I'm not sure if this decision was due to programming difficulties, or due to a determination that the game just plays better if players are left in the dark.)   So...do you envision an online game where the Black Market supply cards will be visible to players?  And if the answer to that is 'yes,' then will/should we also know the order of the cards?

The developers asked Donald about the current implementation of Black Market and he was fine with it. I recall that he even requested that cards with "setup" instructions like Baker aren't in the Black Market, which I assume the developers were planning to do anyway (because it avoids confusion).

santamonica811

JW,
Sure.  That makes a lot of logical sense.