Points Confusion with Tower

Previous topic - Next topic

EarlS

Very minor thing, really.

I played a game against Rattington (12915168) and played to see how many Tower points I could get on this board. I mean, it's Rattington, why not mess around?  I ended up getting 37 cards from empty piles by the end of the game. But when the end-game screen loaded, it said that I only got 28 points. The good news is that my actual score reflected the 37 points, so it didn't change the outcome of the game, it only made for some confusion on my part.

I suspect that the problem might have had something to do with the fact that at one point I emptied the Page pile, but then exchanged later exchanged the Page to stop the game from ending. At the end of the game, I bought the same Page once again. Maybe that messed up the count?

Screenshot attached!

Ingix

Very big thanks for the post! The problem has been mentioned a few times but I couldn't find a game number with that problem since a very long time.

Once the game is up and running again, I'll take a look at it and maybe find out if your 'Page-refill' is really reponsible.

Ingix

Your assumption was spot on, putting a card into an empty pile (via Traveler exchange, Ambassador, etc.) seems to confuse some part of the point calculating code. I've upated the known bugs with that description: Known interface bugs (Tower detail)

EarlS

Great work, gumshoe. Thanks for everything that you do around here.