My old goko account seems to not exist anymore

Previous topic - Next topic

MarieBrutale

Hi there,

I started playing in 2012, last time was probably 1 or 2 years ago. My username was ThroneRoom4TheWin, if I google it there are some goko archives with the name in it. But, the new client does not recognize my old username anymore and when I made this new account, I used the same email link to my old account and there was no alert this email was already being used.

I spend about 40$ at the time because I like the game and to have access to expansions, I would like to get that access back.

Thank you for your time,

ThroneRoom4TheWin

Ingix

Welcome at Dominion Online, MarieBrutale!

In theory you should have gotten an email at or around end of 2016/start of 2017 to manage the 'transition' of your old Goko account to this (then new) place. I guess that email, even if you received it, is long since gone (maybe you can take a look if you/your provider keeps copies).

Players from Goko would get the expansions they had on Goko for one year here, then they would have to pay. As an explanation, the second edition base set is free for everybody, but expansions here are 'rented' on 2 possible levels (Silver, roughly half the expansions; and Gold, which includes all currently existing expansions) for a given time (one month on Silver is approx 2.10EUR, while one month of Gold is approx 3.45EUR).

Now I *think* that that 'free year' was supposed to be during 2017, but I'll ask if it can be started now. Dominion Online got the Dominion user database from Goko, so they can easily verify your claim if you provide username and still have access to the email adress you used for that service.

ADDITION: I asked, and unfortunately the 'free year' was only meant for 2017.
I understand that loosing access to the cards you thought you bought is frustrating and unsatisfactory. But the main reason for this is that Goko (the previous rights holders for an online implementation of Dominion) did not have those rights for an unlimited time, and the rights contract was not renewed.

GSwarthout

I'm in much the same boat.  My login, however, was reserved and I just created my account successfully.  It has my paid-for expansions, but it says they expired on 12-31-2017.  Please switch it so my year of those expansions (Alchemy, Prosperity, Guilds) starts at account activation today.  My username then and now is GSwarthout.

Thank you.

Greg

Ingix

Hallo GSwarthout, welcome to Dominion online.

I can ask again, but please note from my previous reply that the behavior you're experiencing is *as intended*. The 'free year' was a promotional gesture from the new rights owner (ShuffleIT) and has expired now.

I know it is frustrating to see one's 'bought' cards go away (I fealt that way when the transition was announced). But strictly speaking, you have 'blame' the previous rights owner, who did not make it clear (or maybe they did and we all just overlooked the fact) that their license was not time unlimited.

Chris Martin

Quote from: Ingix on 21 April 2018, 06:31:21 PMADDITION: I asked, and unfortunately the 'free year' was only meant for 2017.
I understand that loosing access to the cards you thought you bought is frustrating and unsatisfactory. But the main reason for this is that Goko (the previous rights holders for an online implementation of Dominion) did not have those rights for an unlimited time, and the rights contract was not renewed.
Point of information: Mr Vaccarino explicitly stated on BGG that if we bought any sets on Goko then we would have those cards "forever". It is indeed frustrating and unsatisfactory that he brazenly lied in order to take money that he did not deserve. It is not the fault of Goko or Making Fun or Shuffle iT: it is the fault of the fraudster who lied and lied again for his own personal profit.

Ingix

I'd be interested in a link to that statement.

Most importantly, if you buy something from company X, any statement of someone not in control of that company X (even if they are somehow associated) should be taken with a grain of salt. I mean it should be taken with a grain of salt even if it comes directly from the company, as business realities can change and what is clearly intended now can be discarded tomorrow (or next week or next year).

Chris Martin

Quote from: Ingix on 26 July 2018, 10:24:43 AMI'd be interested in a link to that statement.
https://videogamegeek.com/article/10355962#10355962 "If you buy Intrigue then you can play the main set and Intrigue endlessly after paying for Intrigue once ever."
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/9921197#9921197 "If you want to pay a monthly fee, just buy one large expansion per month. That's $12 a month, and hey then it's free once you have them all."

I don't see how the word "endlessly" can be misinterpreted.

Those are just two of the examples, by the way. I had a much longer, more comprehensive list posted on the Dominion forums, but they banned me for criticising the fraudster and now I can't access it.

Ingix

Thanks for the link(s). Will need some time to read that thread. It looks like an offline version was a discussed point at that time already-

From the first impression, though, it seems like a general statement from what is *expected* to happen. Not extending the license was probabaly not on the radar at that time.

Now, from the formulation you used to describe Donald X., it seems clear to me that there is some more bitterness on your part. At least I would guess so.

Chris Martin

I'm bitter that he had me permanently banned from the Dominion forums just for complaining, certainly.

bananny

I've been playing since that ghetto free site was being run off of somebody's personal server before you had to pay.  I totally understood at the time when the online game changed to a platform in which you had to pay.  I get that.

But, being completely robbed, stripped of what you paid for and forced to fork out a subscription annually.  Yeah, I'm bitter too.  It seems completely driven by greed.  I don't blame Shuffle IT.  It seems you guys are just getting the short end of the stick on this one.  I blame the greedy person that made the call to change providers and rip everyone off.

I think we deserve a more valid explanation (and I mean A GOOD EFFING CONCRETE DAMN GOOD REASON) besides a contract being up with one and switching to another or any other fancy corporate way of sweeping the subject under the rug.

Still, I play.  I love this game and this is the only option we have.  Right now, I'm experiencing serious lag for something I had to pay for, AGAIN, so I came to the forum.  Sorry, Shuffle IT.  I pretty much only step into the forums when your programming isn't working properly.  Keep it running and I won't be coming in here to throw gasoline on fires :p

bananny

Quote from: bananny on 11 August 2018, 03:06:16 AM
I've been playing since that ghetto free site was being run off of somebody's personal server before you had to pay.  I totally understood at the time when the online game changed to a platform in which you had to pay.  I get that.

But, being completely robbed, stripped of what you paid for and forced to fork out a subscription annually.  Yeah, I'm bitter too.  It seems completely driven by greed.  I don't blame Shuffle IT.  It seems you guys are just getting the short end of the stick on this one.  I blame the greedy person that made the call to change providers and rip everyone off.

I think we deserve a more valid explanation (and I mean A GOOD EFFING CONCRETE DAMN GOOD REASON) besides a contract being up with one and switching to another or any other fancy corporate way of sweeping the subject under the rug.

Still, I play.  I love this game and this is the only option we have.  Right now, I'm experiencing serious lag for something I had to pay for, AGAIN, so I came to the forum.  Sorry, Shuffle IT.  I pretty much only step into the forums when your programming isn't working properly.  Keep it running and I won't be coming in here to throw gasoline on fires :p

I say again... :(