Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My old goko account seems to not exist anymore  (Read 127 times)

Offline MarieBrutale

• View Profile
My old goko account seems to not exist anymore
« on: 19 April 2018, 01:04:41 AM »
Hi there,

I started playing in 2012, last time was probably 1 or 2 years ago. My username was ThroneRoom4TheWin, if I google it there are some goko archives with the name in it. But, the new client does not recognize my old username anymore and when I made this new account, I used the same email link to my old account and there was no alert this email was already being used.

I spend about 40$ at the time because I like the game and to have access to expansions, I would like to get that access back.

Thank you for your time,

ThroneRoom4TheWin

Offline Ingix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My old goko account seems to not exist anymore
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2018, 06:31:21 PM »
Welcome at Dominion Online, MarieBrutale!

In theory you should have gotten an email at or around end of 2016/start of 2017 to manage the 'transition' of your old Goko account to this (then new) place. I guess that email, even if you received it, is long since gone (maybe you can take a look if you/your provider keeps copies).

Players from Goko would get the expansions they had on Goko for one year here, then they would have to pay. As an explanation, the second edition base set is free for everybody, but expansions here are 'rented' on 2 possible levels (Silver, roughly half the expansions; and Gold, which includes all currently existing expansions) for a given time (one month on Silver is approx 2.10EUR, while one month of Gold is approx 3.45EUR).

Now I *think* that that 'free year' was supposed to be during 2017, but I'll ask if it can be started now. Dominion Online got the Dominion user database from Goko, so they can easily verify your claim if you provide username and still have access to the email adress you used for that service.

ADDITION: I asked, and unfortunately the 'free year' was only meant for 2017.
I understand that loosing access to the cards you thought you bought is frustrating and unsatisfactory. But the main reason for this is that Goko (the previous rights holders for an online implementation of Dominion) did not have those rights for an unlimited time, and the rights contract was not renewed.