Prince + Walled Village

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

I just played a game against Lord Rat, and my strategy revolved around Princing the Walled Village.  Which I did.  But it did not work...and so the Prince was wasted, and I did not start off each turn with the extra actions I had planned for.  And that cost me the game.

Obviously, this must relate somehow to the WV's unique rule about being able to place it on top of the deck if sufficiently-few actions have been played that turn.  But I do not see how...since it is not *mandatory* that it be placed on top if, for example, it was the only action played that turn.  Since nothing mandatory happens with WV, there is no way for Prince to lose track of it, right? 

Is this a bug?  Or am I missing some subtlety in WV's wording that explains why it disappeared after my attempt to Prince it?

Mic Qsenoch

This is likely a gotcha due to Walled Village autoplay (you can check under 'Options' -> 'Autoplay Options' and see if Walled Village is set to "Always Topdeck"). If you Prince a Walled Village, make sure to turn off the Walled Village automatic topdecking by right clicking on it.

If you turn off the autoplay and never choose to use the Walled Village ability, it will keep working with the Prince.

santamonica811

Thanks Mic,
Good suggestions.  But all the autoplays are and were turned off--a feature I had never used.

santamonica811

. . . so  . . . still not sure why it did not work in my case.  :-(

Mic Qsenoch

Without a game number there's not much more to be done to investigate, other than check the interaction in another game, which I did and it is working correctly. Game #15207305 - the Walled Village stays out with Prince until the end of turn 10 when I choose to topdeck it and afterwards the Prince effect stops.

Note that when you are offered the chance to use the Walled Village ability the interface is two buttons "Topdeck" and "Discard", if you want to keep Princing the Walled Village you need to choose "Discard". If you pick "Topdeck" then the ride is over, that's my best guess as to what happened in your game (without knowing anything else).