Provide a "not yet" option on "Make ---- resign?" notices

Previous topic - Next topic

Megas_Droungarios

I just had a game end because my opponent's baby started crying.  After a little bit he resigned, but it would have been nice to be able to continue, by having the "make ---- resign?" notice have an option other than "yes".  Mostly for circumstances where a player has posted a reason for taking a long time to play his/her turn, it would be very good to have an option to set a (possibly shorter) timer by saying "not yet" to the "make ---- resign?" notice.

Ingix

Just to make sure: You can just not click on the notice, and when the opponent finally comes back and does something, the notice will go away. So this is not a 'forced' resign.

In addition, if your opponent resigned (as you described), then this seems like nothing you can do about. He may have realized that the baby needs more care at the moment, making it an unsuitable time to play Dominion.

If you are arguing that the notice is taking up space on the screen and interferes with you for example studying certain card texts or fiddling with autoplay options, then you have a point IMO.

Cave-O-Sapien

I wouldn't mind having a "snooze" button that added 1 minute or so to the timer.

santamonica811

Cave,
Is your point that you would like to see an extra minute added to the time (via the snooze button), or, that you would like to see, essentially, an "only one minute left b/f DQ" warning, and that--with this--you'd be fine leaving it at its current length of time?  I would not mind that second choice at all, with an auditory signal as well.

From my perspective, in 99% of cases; there is no reason to not move for more than 2 minutes AND also not write a 10 second note in chat, explaining the reason for the delay.  Well, actually, I can think of lots of reasons (kid suddenly throws up on the rug, cat knocks over a vase, wife/husband sets dinner on fire accidentally), but for all of those (ie, situations where you need to run away from the computer and not write a short note), my thought is that it's fine to accept a DQ...part of the trade-off for having a wife/kid/pet/vase in my life!  :-)

[The one glaring exception to all the above is when technical problems on the site or on your end make it impossible to make a move.  Not sure of a solution for that issue--other than lengthening the time to make a move, and I'd hate that.]

Hey, maybe that could be an option we could adjust?  There would be some minimum amount of time (say, 2 minutes, or whatever) that players would always have.  But in "Options/Settings," players who like to move through games quickly could pick settings that would only match them with similar "<2 minutes" players.  Others could pick a setting of 4 minutes, or 6 minutes, or even unlimited time, and there would be the option to filter potential opponents.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: josh bornstein on 27 May 2018, 03:04:52 AM
Cave,
Is your point that you would like to see an extra minute added to the time (via the snooze button), or, that you would like to see, essentially, an "only one minute left b/f DQ" warning, and that--with this--you'd be fine leaving it at its current length of time?  I would not mind that second choice at all, with an auditory signal as well.

The former: one additional minute added. I'd like to give people I know a chance to reconnect or whatever; and this would let me know how much extra time i've given them.