Development Update Please

Previous topic - Next topic

JunkDealer

It's been 2 months since the last update of any substance.  Could we have an update on the state of development please.  Are there any upcoming releases?  What is the current state of the list of features under the wishlist?  Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

meathead40

+1 ... would love to receive an update.

Stef

The update is a bit sad. The start of this year was really bad for me on a personal level, and the company is too small for that not to affect anything. Fortunately most of it is in the past.

I have been working on a number of changes that are unfinished. The biggest one resolves a rewrite of the whole system around setting up/joining tables. Among others it adds the concept of inviting people directly and setting up private tables. For now these changes are on a branch that I 'parked'.

Currently I'm working on a rewrite on how we draw cards on the screen. The main reason for this is to remove a lot of code duplication, which I want/need to have done before considering animations. It also will automate card-layout, making it a lot more consistent and easier to maintain / add new cards in new languages.

'Working on dev' is a version that has some changes that would be welcome to have live:
- certain cards in play can show you associated cards on hover (archive, crypt, haven, gear, ...)
- duration cards will go orange/not-orange depending on whether they stay in play
- copying cards (throne room and friends) will also go orange if they stay in play.

Someone has made sounds for every card. I am yet to make any kind of system that will parse a config to actually play them based on certain game events. And off course it will need options for personal preferences.

santamonica811

Stef,
1.  Hope all is going better for you.
2.  It would be a great habit to get into, to give an update like this ever month.  On, say, the first (or thereabouts) of each month.  Even if your July update is, "Nothing new to report.  Actual date of next round of upgrades has not been determined." ... that would mean that we paying customers are being kept in the loop.  That that means a lot--it's the silence that is not so great.

My two cents only.  :)

JunkDealer

Thank you for the update.  I hope things have settled for you in a favourable way.  I look forward to seeing future updates on the state of development and wish you the best.

blamelewis

Thanks for update Stef, and sorry to hear you've had troubles - hope all is getting better for you.

Best
Tim