Trolls

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledukes74

Has anyone else noticed a huge uptick in trolls on the site? I've been the subject of unsolicited hate comments from the last two people I played against. It started with denying an undo, and then just devolved into unprofessional trash talk. I think this undermines the spirit of the game.

How does one report these users? And is there a list of them somewhere on this forum so I can preventively blacklist folks? I am just on this site to have fun, not be subject to juvenile vitriol and hatred.

Ingix

The idea is to blacklist those players after the game (use the lightning bolt symbol in the end-of-game screen), so that you won't be paired against them in the future.

DominionTroll

I am very very disappointed.

I am a troll indeed, and that has a valid point: if you troll your opponent they will lose their temper and play differently, and this usually lead to a loss. I am not a good player, though I made it easily even with people with 54 of rating, without any problem, just stating random sentences like "5/2 start? Wow you're gonna win" or "what a lucky pick!" or stuff like that.

I strongly believe that if you don't like me you can resign and blacklist, but TROLLING IS A STRATEGY as valid as any else.

In poker, trolling their opponents is called bluff and that's pretty EVERYTHING. Poker is a game based on luck, cards and skill. Dominion is a game based on luck, cards and skill.

I have been a nice player for years, and had a lot of pepole insulting and cussing, and I lost temper and lost games, and in this forum they only said "blacklist and move on".

Yet, I found me banned by the site today, while people should have simply blackisted me and move on.

This is a double standard, plain and simple fact.
I will make another account and start over.

Thank you moderators, you have done your job. Just once, but you did.

AdamH

Wait I thought people were only getting banned for slowplaying. Is it true that people are getting banned as well for what they say in the chat?

If that's true, that's not acceptable. There's nothing in the terms of service about the chat, is there?

The option to squelch opponents in the chat has been requested here and is a standard feature in any online game. Banning people instead of implementing that feature seems really not cool to me.

DominionTroll

Slowplaying is a puny strategy in my opinion.
I just say some sh*t in chat.
And yes, I have been banned.

Stef

Off course people can get banned for what they say in chat. You have to be pretty foul because I tolerate a lot, but yes there are limits.

We are not talking about people who are expressing an opinion I don't agree with here, but people who are 100% clearly out to insult their opponents. I don't want them here, in the game, or anywhere else in my life.

"insulting your opponent" is not part of any valid strategy on this site. I don't care if you think there are other games where it is valid, here it is not.

AdamH

I re-read the terms of service and of course there is language in there to say that Shuffleit can ban anyone for anything without notice. Of course that's going to be in any terms of service ever.

Quote from: Stef on 18 June 2018, 02:49:16 PM
"insulting your opponent" is not part of any valid strategy on this site. I don't care if you think there are other games where it is valid, here it is not.

Was this user warned about language before their account was banned? If not, I'd say that's a pretty severe oversight.

...Look, it's your software and you can do what you want with it. It just seems really lazy to me to not implement a feature people have asked for, but instead to just ban people for saying things in chat. Sure you don't want it to get too bad and I don't know what this person is saying, but it just looks really sketchy to me when someone is banned for what they said in chat when there's no way to squelch them, especially if that person wasn't warned.

So hopefully that isn't the case.

My personal opinion is that of course there are things that can be said in chat that are bad enough to deserve a ban, but none of the things this person used as examples are remotely close to that. So I would like to think that I shouldn't be watching what I say to such a level where I can't say that stuff, or else I will be banned without warning. That's the cause of my concern here.

DominionTroll

I have been banned without any warning.

I can understand that saying stuff "You will lose" "You are merely lucky" or something like that isn't a strategy for you and site is yours, so one does conform to YOUR laws, of course, but still you are limiting the free expression and one valid strategy only because you cannot understand it.

That's ok.

Of course it would be easy to mute the chat, but ok, that is your site, these are your rules, and even if this is nothing democratic, that's it.

At least we know.

Stef

Quote from: AdamH on 18 June 2018, 02:56:19 PM
... So I would like to think that I shouldn't be watching what I say to such a level where I can't say that stuff, or else I will be banned without warning. That's the cause of my concern here.

You need not be concerned.

The texts that got this person banned involved a lot of swearing, nothing along the lines of the chat on this forum.

DominionTroll

That wasn't a lot. I called a guy a fuck'n mor'n two times. Period.
Let's say the things as they are.
It would be quite more honourful.

DominionTroll

Plus, I have been insulted the very same way, and I met that player again.

This is called double standard.

But that's ok. Not sweat off of my back.

AdamH

All righty then. I personally would have warned this person before banning them if all they said was the F-word, but it's not up to me.

In any case, it would be really nice to be able to squelch people in chat. It would make situations like this a lot easier for everyone involved, especially the people who it seems you're trying to help by having a seemingly-tougher-than-industry-standard ban policy.

DominionTroll

To complete it: I didn't insult him point blank.

I was trolling him, and he was backtrolling me, because he didn't end the game when he could, just wanted to humiliate me. I can cope with that, I started the troll battle. But, if you are backtrolling, you accept insults. You don't run to the moderators like a crybaby. You are an adult, accepted to troll me and be trolled, and it ends like that.

Of course I have been banned and that player hasn't.

No problem, ranking counts 0 to me, I'll start over with a new account.

LastFootnote

Quote from: AdamH on 18 June 2018, 03:15:11 PM
All righty then. I personally would have warned this person before banning them if all they said was the F-word, but it's not up to me.

In any case, it would be really nice to be able to squelch people in chat. It would make situations like this a lot easier for everyone involved, especially the people who it seems you're trying to help by having a seemingly-tougher-than-industry-standard ban policy.
If somebody's being toxic, I'd rather they be banned and not spread their toxicity around. Being able to mute them is not sufficient. I strongly support a "tougher-than-industry-standard ban policy". From what I can gather, the industry standard is to let toxic behavior run rampant.

I'm starting to wonder if part of the solution needs to be charging for access to the base game. There needs to be some way to keep banned players from simply opening another account.

DominionTroll

If I do pay you can't kick me out.
Luckily enough I never paid and I am already rocking on my new account which is perfectly identical to the previous.

Seprix

Quote from: DominionTroll on 18 June 2018, 08:43:12 PM
If I do pay you can't kick me out.
Luckily enough I never paid and I am already rocking on my new account which is perfectly identical to the previous.

Clearly not true, you broke the terms of service and the owner has every right to remove you for it. But you know this already.

Also, real trolls don't admit they're trolls. Congrats on being an unsuccessful troll, newbie.

Donald X.

Quote from: Stef on 18 June 2018, 02:49:16 PM
Off course people can get banned for what they say in chat. You have to be pretty foul because I tolerate a lot, but yes there are limits.

We are not talking about people who are expressing an opinion I don't agree with here, but people who are 100% clearly out to insult their opponents. I don't want them here, in the game, or anywhere else in my life.

I have no complaints about this policy.

It would be great if you could mute opponents, if you can't; it's certainly not a priority though. Okay I am spectating, hey markus and sicomatic are playing. If you just type 10 lines into chat, I mean "." is enough, you know, and then scroll up, then you won't see anything the other player says, it doesn't automatically scroll. So there's that anyway.

santamonica811

We get the oddest threads in this forum.  :)
Someone is trolling a thread about trolls.  How meta!

Legally-speaking, I think any "I paid so I can't be banned." argument is on shaky ground.  If I were running a site like this; I assume I'd give a pro-rated refund in such cases.  But maybe not for the worst offenders--where there had been multiple warnings, etc.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only normal person on the internet.   ;D

DominionTroll

I strongly enforce the very fact that psychology IS a strategy to win.
So, trolling your opponent with sentences like
"Feeling lucky huh?"
or
"5/2 with no "4-costing" cards? What a lucky start"
or
"I am sorry you cannot defeat me"

and the like, break the opponent's focus on the game and give you an advantage.
I mean, I easily took care of players ranked 54+ who EFFECTIVELY had lucky starts with some simple comments put here and there. I noticed that usually when the player starts bothering replying, he felt into the trap.

99% do not read the forum, so I don't mind spoiling all here.

Muting the chat is removing a component from the game, I would have less interest playing with one of my most successful strategies blocked.

In tournaments there is nothing that denies you your speech freedom.

On the other hand, I find it funny that I have been banned from my later account, just for having lost my temper ONCE and having used the f word, while I read that there are even people making fun of handicapped people. I troll as a strategy, but I'd never insult women, black people, handicapped peole, gay, or any minority. There is still respect, even within trolling. But, as I already said, double standards here are not a novelty.

blamelewis

Good grief, you *are* so ethical aren't you - you don't insult x, y, z... but a few posts ago you were calling someone a moron? Very respectful indeed...

Trolling - I beg your pardon "psychology" - may be a strategy, but it's a foul, antisocial strategy - purposefully setting out to upset the other player, and you shouldn't act all upset when you're banned for such abusive behaviour.

And to call it a limitation of your free speech fundamentally misunderstands how free speech works. You are completely free to speak horribly to other players, but the owners of this site are not obliged to provide you with a platform to do so. They are also free to make the site safe and comfortable for their users.

DominionTroll

What does make you think that I am upset?
I am totally not, I made a new account and I am in queue while typing this message.

I just think, and believe me I do, some things, and I will make a list for shortening

1) I strongly believe that calling someone "moron" or "you have asperger disease" is something on two entirely different levels. You don't. I accept your point of view and I disagree.

2) You think my strategy is "foul". I think it's just another strategy. Everybody has his/her own. I don't find it abusive, so I am pretty surprised to be banned. Not that it changes my day, I now know that you are banned for getting on the moderator nerves, I thought it was something more strict and regulated and not depending on which mood the moderator wakes up with, or wheter he had a bad day or not, so that's ok, now I know, that's it.

3) When you think that I can make some user feeling less "safe" because I say something in chat, probably either you think I have magical powers, or you totally misjudge other people. I am not in any case able to obtain the IP or the whereabouts of anybody, so their safeness is not at risk. I am very very surprised you may think differently.

Oh, my turn, somebody is waiting for me :D

AdamH

I know I'm taking a risk by feeding the troll here, but oh well.

Dominion was a tabletop game before it was anything online, and that has imposed a lot of restrictions on online Dominion that most other online games don't have. A lot of those restrictions are mechanics of the game that are much less elegant when implemented online (I have to stop my turn to wait for you to discard to my Militia before I can continue, even though I would never do that IRL because it almost never matters and in the .1% of the cases it does, then sure I'll just wait) and autoplay can help in some cases, but like most of the features that this client desperately needs, it's not finished. But even so, Dominion online will always be a bit clunky no matter what just because it was designed as a tabletop game and not an online game.

...but then there are other artificial restrictions, like the model that the base game should be free and anyone can play with expansions if they have the right opponents; or things as simple as DXV's influence on what kind of behavior is acceptable in chat. The voice of authority comes down and all of a sudden there's this idea that since DXV wants it a certain way, that's the way it has to be no matter what. I'm not going to pretend that I have the kind of pull that could challenge every single one of these things, but muting the chat? I disagree pretty hard there.

This is a game on the internet, if I want to play that game, I have to have a chat window open where my opponent can write whatever they want and that has to be on my monitor no matter what. I can't disable the chat, I can't mute my opponent. Mods can try and ban people for doing things they don't like, but that will never stop it from happening; and currently the only tool that users have to deal with it is to blacklist them at the end of the game and move on. Not only is this never going to completely solve the problem, but it allows grey areas like this where a user is supposed to either finish out a rated game and deal with what they feel is abuse in the chat, or resign and blacklist the person, report it, and hope that the moderators subjective opinion will be good enough to make it so their rating doesn't suffer. This situation is going to make it really hard for people to take the game seriously on a competitive level.

When you play IRL, you get to pick who you play with, so deciding not to play with certain people is a solution that works. That doesn't work online. The users need tools to deal with what they feel is abuse in the chat because the current system will never eliminate the case I described where the users are powerless to deal with the abuse. The current solution is not good enough, and if the amount of complaints and topics here about that isn't enough, just think of how many people are experiencing that on the client and don't even know this place exists. I imagine most of them just leave and don't come back.

For the record, the behaviors that our troll is saying he actually did, even including saying the F word, are something I don't think deserve a ban by themselves. Different people from different groups are going to play each other and just because peoples' sense of humor or gamesmanship is different doesn't seem like it deserves a ban in my book.

Yes, there are double standards here, but I don't think anybody cares. Mostly because there's nothing anyone can do about it. Sorry.

It seems like a pretty poor use of resources to devote more time and energy into manually blocking people when adding a feature to let the users decide what's OK for them or not will not only do a better job, but also probably amount to less work in dealing with actual trolls. Ignoring them is likely to get them to stop naturally rather than having a system that promotes giving them the attention they want.

DominionTroll

I personally have started the troll account after complaining a lot for being insulted and seeing the players that insulted me were still playing after.

When I asked I was answered:

"Do resign. Report game #. That game won't count on ranking."

And when I said "And the abusive player?"

"We don't ban people for that, blacklist, if he does this everytime, everybody will blacklist him and he won't be able to do it again".

That is what I have been answered. For many that's enough.
I felt it wasn't enough.

So I said to myself "If I lose temper being provoked (or even insulted) is that the case that maybe I can do the same and win some games I wouldn't win anyway else?"

So I dropped my account and started a troll account.
I was HONEST, it was in the username itself. I think they will black it, but it was I_ANNOY_PEOPLE so if you read my username you can simply resign and blacklist me, because I said what I was going to do IN THE VERY BEGINNING.

That said, I think the ban helped me. A lot of people who have blackilsted "I_ANNOY_PEOPLE" haven't blacklisted me with my new account, so I can play again with them one more time. It's nice.

THe ban, to me, helped more than harmed.

Plus, IRL, there is NOTHING in tounnaments at least as much as I know that prevent people from talking during a tournament match. Only Magic the Gathering enforces strict rules on that and you can recevie a yellow card, but I believe that is unfair. My 2 cents.

As I said, I am a troll DURING the games, not outside.
Here, I am here reasoning with you for what is best for the community.
If people think that the best way is muting chats or something like that, I'll revert to my old gamestyle, knowing that if a troll wants to provoke me, I can mute him/her.

Last: I have been trolled many times even when I had the troll account and facing a 39/40 ranked player I didn't use the troll approach because I thought I was winning anyway. They started with "Lucky, huh?" and the same things I say, so I believe I am not the only one doing this, but I am the only one having the guts to admit it.

AdamH

Quote from: DominionTroll on 19 June 2018, 05:10:16 PM
Plus, IRL, there is NOTHING in tounnaments at least as much as I know that prevent people from talking during a tournament match. Only Magic the Gathering enforces strict rules on that and you can recevie a yellow card, but I believe that is unfair. My 2 cents.

I won't disagree with anything you said except for this. I've run eight IRL tournaments and I've been very successful. If you did any of the stuff you said in this thread, even the stuff I don't mind online, I would just kick you out of all of my tournaments. Maybe I'd warn you first, but maybe I wouldn't.

The tournament organizer has complete authority over what happens in their tournaments, and my tournaments have an atmosphere that I've worked hard to start and maintain. Everyone who has ever showed up at any of my tournaments has been super-friendly which is a lot of why they have been successful. My main objective (really my only objective) is for people to have fun so I will quickly end something that I think takes away from that.

But online is a different beast. The whole point is that you get automatched with people you don't know, so eventually everyone is going to run into someone they don't like. If I was in the right mood I might even enjoy what you have claimed to say here but you can't really expect everyone to like you.

You may not believe it, but there are actually people out there who don't even like me! Ridiculous, I know, but it's true.

DominionTroll

I think slamming somebody out a tournament (usually you pay for being in) just for some annoying comments here and there is a bit fascist, but ok, that's my POV, your tournaments your rules, probably you live too far from me.

Another thing: I personally own various Dominion Expansions IRL. I find it pretty nasty to pay here for things I have already paid IRL.

Donald X.

Quote from: AdamH on 19 June 2018, 03:02:46 PMThe voice of authority comes down and all of a sudden there's this idea that since DXV wants it a certain way, that's the way it has to be no matter what.
Well if Stef and I both want the same particular thing, odds are that's how it will be. I try to listen to reason, or the cries of the masses, but I mean, I like what I like. It's good to be king. I know you don't like that perspective; that's never been enough to change it.

I personally swear like a sailor, but that doesn't mean I feel the need to impose that on automatch opponents.

Quote from: AdamH on 19 June 2018, 03:02:46 PMThis is a game on the internet, if I want to play that game, I have to have a chat window open where my opponent can write whatever they want and that has to be on my monitor no matter what.
Magic Duels never had chat. So far Magic Arena doesn't have it. I can't help but think that that was their one-step solution to "what if people are cussing in chat, how much of our lives do we want to spend on this."

I value chat a lot, but I mean, I have played online games with no ability to chat. Someone won and everything.

Donald X.

Quote from: DominionTroll on 19 June 2018, 07:04:47 PM
Another thing: I personally own various Dominion Expansions IRL. I find it pretty nasty to pay here for things I have already paid IRL.
You'll have to worker harder than that to troll me. Try: "you sure spend a lot of time on Dominion forums," or maybe, "did you guys actually playtest Rebuild?"

DominionTroll

Quote from: Donald X. on 19 June 2018, 07:46:26 PM
Quote from: DominionTroll on 19 June 2018, 07:04:47 PM
You'll have to worker harder than that to troll me. Try: "you sure spend a lot of time on Dominion forums," or maybe, "did you guys actually playtest Rebuild?"

I have my Dominion Alchemy Box just here, barcode #8033772893299 and I am ready anytime to post a picture of it in the pose or with any common object on top of that to show that I really own it.

Sorry to disappoint you Donald.

santamonica811

Troll,
I don't think Donald X was suggesting that you were lying when you said that you own physical expansion sets.  I think (obviously, my opinion only) that he was saying that your point that "It sucks to pay online for an expansion when you've already spent money on the IRL expansion." was a lame troll.  Mostly because you, and I, and countless other people have already whined (gently) about that--or about paying for a "lifetime" subscription on the old site and being screwed on that--and so it has essentially zero impact on Donald X's day.

Obviously, if I'm wrong, then DX can correct me.

DominionTroll

Ok, sorry I didn't know that! :)

I only plaied IRL + at a site, I don't remember the name, but it used other pictures not the original on the cards, and it had very rough graphics, plus it was completely free.

Seprix

Man you are the worst "troll" I have ever seen, you're grasping at straws and to boot you're not funny in the slightest

santamonica811

...But he is pretty polite on this forum, and he states his position clearly.  I disagree entirely with his "pro-trolling in games" strategy, but I always appreciate people who are upfront and direct...even when I disagree with them.

Donald X.

Anyone can play Dominion itself for free online, and can play with all the expansions just by clicking the button and waiting.

Making a physical game didn't require us to provide a free online game. Would you believe. And the online version is made by someone who has to eat like anyone else.

DominionTroll

Quote from: Seprix on 20 June 2018, 12:23:27 AM
Man you are the worst "troll" I have ever seen, you're grasping at straws and to boot you're not funny in the slightest

I am ok with not being funny because I have never had such intent.
Au contraire I would be worried if while speaking seriously somebody picked up me as funny.

And exactly where do I grasp at straws? Tell me, I'll be glad to prove you wrong.

kieranmillar

https://medium.com/humane-tech/the-immortal-myths-about-online-abuse-a156e3370aee

QuoteOur communities are defined by the worst things that we permit to happen. What we allow tells the world who we are.

Online Dominion for some bizarre reason seems to have long been plagued by a small number of people who seem to enjoy trolling like crazy, even before this particular site. I don't get it. Anybody who sets out to make other users of the site feel bad or angry during their games by consistently trash talking strangers should be banned. It's not a "strategy", you're just trying to excuse the dopamine rush you get by being an antisocial asshole in the place where what you say has no permanent public record.

DominionTroll

Quote from: kieranmillar on 20 June 2018, 08:37:32 AM
https://medium.com/humane-tech/the-immortal-myths-about-online-abuse-a156e3370aee

QuoteOur communities are defined by the worst things that we permit to happen. What we allow tells the world who we are.

Online Dominion for some bizarre reason seems to have long been plagued by a small number of people who seem to enjoy trolling like crazy, even before this particular site. I don't get it. Anybody who sets out to make other users of the site feel bad or angry during their games by consistently trash talking strangers should be banned. It's not a "strategy", you're just trying to excuse the dopamine rush you get by being an antisocial asshole in the place where what you say has no permanent public record.

No.
It's just strategy, in fact I have apologized after winning many times if I got bad teplies in the chat window and realized that I was hurting somebody's feelings.
One time I even resigned because I felt I pushed too far.
And, since I have been banned for having used the F word, I would expect you being banned for calling me an asshole point blank without me having ever insulted you or something like that.
But I'm confident it won't happen.

Luckily enough I have been called polite by people who simply get things for what they are and don't make movies out of some sentences read on a forum.

EDIT: As for the link you posted, all that bunch of nonsense means you literally read NOTHING I've wrote because I clearly stated that I never trolled people for their gender, sexual orientation, race or something like that, which also can't be determined by a pure nickname (maybe gender, but maybe). For the rest of the link, alas, I say it's a bunch of nonsense victimism.

I must repeat myself (sigh): I only troll as a psychologic strategy to win a game. After the game is over, the trolling ends with that.

doubledukes74

In reading all of these responses, particularly from DominionTroll, I'm struck by the fact that so many people seem to lose sight of the fact this is a GAME. It is supposed to be recreational, something that makes us all feel good, and to be a respite from our real lives. It's too bad there isn't a way for those of us who are more casual to have a way to find each other on the site. For example, for those folks who want to ban "undo" perhaps that is something folks can add to their profile and it could be a matching setting.

DominionTroll - you should really reconsider your life choices if you need to resort to tearing people down on an online game just so you might have a better chance of winning. Also, please post your gaming handle so I can pre-emptively blacklist you. Personally I never want to encounter you in the game.

blamelewis

Yeah I second that... Trolling is just a strategy is it? Then be honest and tell us your username so we can avoid your rotten strategy.... thanks!

T.

kieranmillar

DominionTroll, it astounds me that you think you deserve to be treated with respect despite your obnoxious in-game behaviour merely because you try to act polite when other people are watching. I challenge you to go to a real-life board game meetup and behave the way you do in-game and then try to drop these same justifications against them, that acting horrible is OK because "it's just a strategy". You never will of course, because you only behave this way in private when you think you can get away with it. You are not a shining beacon amongst a sea of foul-mouthed banshees, you're a two-faced hypocrite. Your attempt to claim the moral high-ground is absurd.

Your paper-thin attempts to claim that your behaviour is acceptable because it's "just a strategy to win the game" is merely a refusal to accept the consequences of your actions. You are only lying to yourself. You try to justify it to yourself by telling yourself that it's OK because it's in pursuit of a more noble goal, winning the game. That the ends justify the means. But they do not. The fact that you say you have occasionally felt bad about is telling. It's why you jump through so many hoops to try and pass off your behaviour as being for a greater cause. Because if you had to actually face up to the consequences of what you are doing you wouldn't be able to handle it.

The separation between in-game and out-of-game behaviour is not a large as you think, it's actually non-existent. There are not two different societies here, the same people occupy both worlds.

SomeBunnyNewt1

Quote"did you guys actually playtest Rebuild?"

Hey now, we would never ask that.  "Did you actually playtest Sauna/Avanto", maybe.  Definitely.  But not Rebuild.

But I kid.

Seriously, it would be nice if people who have a PAID subscription have the option to not be auto-matched with jerks who create random accounts.  If, say, a player has fewer than 30 games and/or more than a 25% block rate, then exclude them from automatch with people who have paid, or at least give that option.

DominionTroll

I find the arguments "It's just a game something to chill people out" and "You shouldn't act this because this is as valid as real life" very contradictory.

Either it's a game, or it's a real life behaviour. It can't be both things at the same time.

Most great poker players are irritating and frustrating. It's part of the character who plays that.
There are many psychological strategy to win at poker. For instance, if you act arrogant when having an heavy hand and winning the pot, and you have nothing in hand and you still play arrogant, that will inculcate fear of losing in the opponents so they will be cautious even if you had nothing in hand.

And so on.

I'm not here insulting people. That happened once and I got banned. Fine. I've been insulted here in the forum, called an asshole and I don't see banning here. It's not me being hypocritical. I would have been if I didn't accept my ban peacefully. I did. I lost my account forever. Gone. Perfect, I cope with that. So, if the player that called me an asshole isn't banned, well that's hypocritical and that's a double standard.

I just felt that I went too far when even saying "you're lucky aren't you?" or "Do you acknowledge you have 1 tournament and 1 province over 40 cards and you got them in the same hand while I have 3/3 and still I can't pair them?" and something like that, the person I was playing with was overreacting. There, the fun of winning by using psychological strategies ends.

Other psychological issues may be I make on purpose a totally stupid move (I use this strategy playing Chess more often) so that your opponent begins to underestimate you and relaxes, then when he doesn't expect you lay a very good move one from which he cannot recover. In Dominion this works too.

If you rely only upon having the best cards combination, you play half of the game, imho.

And I honestly think that if people here seems to feel entitled to tell me what to do with my life, or judge me from above for my deeds, well, I feel just that this is odd, because you should say such unconsiderate things only about people you know very well. I'm polite. I'm explaining my reasons. If you like them that's fine because that makes two of us. If you dislike them, try to cope with, for I won't change a bit only because the random internet guy asks me for it.

EDIT:

I will add only one thing. Of course this is just my opinion and I live peacefully when meeting people who disagree with that, but I really think that if you feel the irrepressible urge to report someone just because he said you are a F.M0R0N then I am actually very very amazed. I mean, I didn't know I were in a church or something like that, I thought we were all adults and, really, imho, if you feel ABUSED because of a random guy insulting you on internet, then you have experienced NO problems in life. Probably all of your relatives are alive, you never experienced hunger, you never had to make debts to pay your bills or something like that, really. I don't expect people agreeing with me on that, and this is why I feel OK with being banned. But while I'd feel to report someone who insults women, gay people, black people, dead people, ill people or that BECAUSE of their illness/sex/etc, a random insult is nothing to me and I have been insulted many times and I never reported anyone. :)