How do I get in touch with Administration?

Previous topic - Next topic

KB

I was told when I first started playing on this forum that we could report abusive players to administration. I was told to take Screen Shots of the abuse an administration would deal with the abuser.  However, I can find no where to email Dominion administrators and I don't want to put the screen shots up on the forum as the language and abuse was extremely offensive.

Can you please let us know where to get in touch with Dominion Administration to send screen shots of abusive players?

jsh

Quote from: KB on 03 July 2018, 09:01:26 PM
I was told when I first started playing on this forum that we could report abusive players to administration. I was told to take Screen Shots of the abuse an administration would deal with the abuser.  However, I can find no where to email Dominion administrators and I don't want to put the screen shots up on the forum as the language and abuse was extremely offensive.

Can you please let us know where to get in touch with Dominion Administration to send screen shots of abusive players?

You don't need to report abusive players. Just blacklist them. 99 times out of 100, the offending user has already been reported multiple times or is already on my radar.

yed

QuoteHow to contact for support
Interactive is usually the most effetcive, so please join our discord: https://discord.gg/MU8YJaR
You can also mail info@shuffleit.nl
http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=849.0

santamonica811

Quote from: jsh on 03 July 2018, 10:20:03 PM
Quote from: KB on 03 July 2018, 09:01:26 PM

You don't need to report abusive players. Just blacklist them. 99 times out of 100, the offending user has already been reported multiple times or is already on my radar.

JSH,
That is not a satisfactory response.  If people want to report an abusive player, then there should be a clear and easy way to do that.  Yes, that player *might* be on your radar.  But also, maybe not.  And maybe it will take one extra month to get on your radar...one month where that player could have been banned/warned and where dozens of other players had a bad playing experience.

(Note: I've never reported anyone, nor felt the need to.  But if a website wants to give the impressive that it's user-friendly, proactive, etc...it should probably be a touch less dismissive of posts like KB did.)

My two cents only.   :)

tufftaeh

Unfortunately, 2 cents might not be sufficient.  8)
It seems like jsh should add "I'm only a volunteer" to each of his replies. Of course, that would increase his workload even more (if only by a little).
I'm not part of Shuffle iT either (only a player) but I'm pretty sure that the current pricing of Dominion Online just doesn't support multiple full-time employees. So the company has to rely on the community to provide the current level of service, and I have the feeling that the community is doing quite a good job.

kinent

I had an issue with this player Maritus who started losing and then just lagged the game trying to get me to quit. I told them I could get them banned which just made them quit. :) People like this really ruin the experience.

Joining game #17133118 on oregon.
Kinent:  you there?
Maritus:  zzzzz
Maritus:  zzzzzzzzzzzz
Kinent:  your turn right?
Kinent:  dont like losing eh?
Kinent:  fwiw I know the company and can just submit this game to get your account and IP address banned
Kinent:  so have fun in your last game!
Maritus disconnected.
Maritus was replaced by Lord Rattington.
Joining game #17133582 on oregon.

JKRich

How can you say "I know the company" when your post clearly indicates that you do not? If you did, you would know that the process here is "blacklist and move on" NOT "name and shame" which is explicitly frowned upon. (I'm just a user, not anyone official, but I've read the forums enough to be certain of what I'm saying here.)