This community is broken

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastman

Quote from: SamE on 28 August 2018, 06:38:21 PM
How do we know you're not still trolling us?

Easy. If I were still a troll I would have no benefits in having my blacklist full. Trolls have fun sticking with the same people.

irata

Giving us a mute would be a great start.   (easy to do I am pretty sure)   

I have said this before but it would be nice if you tried an algorithm to detect people
slow playing.  Someone taking the max time for playing each card wouldn't be that hard to detect. 
(It happens to me all the time with the trolls or with people that wanted an undo)

Maybe even half their available time for playing each card every time they take X seconds to play a card.

I have also asked for this before and I will try again, please give us an option to have games *without* undo.

I very rarely had all the problems that I have on here back in the Isotropic days.  The interface was faster, people were nicer, the server never bogged down, and there was a mute.  It has been running very slow on me at times the past few days. 

There are children that play on here but offensive language is not bleeped out.  (It should be IMO)

Give us a chance to see the cards and splits before starting, so we can decide if we want to play that game.

An option to match with faster players would be awesome as well.  (I have asked for this before)

A way to submit a chat log and the detailed game log showing how fast each person took for each click would be perfect to try to slow down the trolls.  Of course you need people to review those logs, not sure if you have them.

Thanks!   

Fastman

Quote from: irata on 29 August 2018, 02:49:37 AM
-cut-
I very rarely had all the problems that I have on here back in the Isotropic days.  The interface was faster, people were nicer, the server never bogged down, and there was a mute.  It has been running very slow on me at times the past few days. 
-cut-

Thanks man. You made my day. I toally forgot the name of the server I played on before this one. Isotropic. I NEVER had problems there. Should be taken as an example.

apostolosoruler

I would just like to say that I have seen many things, that suggest that this community is not broken. The main one being the fact that you can spectate top players, learn by them, ask them questions (even stupid ones, especially when you are new to the game) and consistently receive positive high-learning yield answers in a very polite way. So maybe from time to time you encounter some bad behaviour, but i seriously doubt (from my own experience) that this is frequent enough to guarantee such an opinion.

Xorxoron

From time to time there are opponents who are just bad losers, insulting you or calling you a lucker even if you are clearly just playing the better deck at this moment. Most of the time I just laugh about this childish attitude. If one of them exaggerates this behaviour, I just tell it and the player gets on my banned list.

But playing a few games every day, I wouldn't say it's a real problem here. Most of the players are polite, helpful or don't use the chat at all. The trolls and/or bad losers are far outnumbered by normal users in my experience.

You mentioned slow playing: I think it's hard to set the limit here. In a game like Dominion it's necessary to think about your next step a few seconds from time to time. Thats especially true for beginners. I had annoying opponents who, especially when they fell back, tried to put me under pressure by writing "play faster!" when I thought just a few seconds what to play/buy next. These folks go on my blacklist immediately.