Question for iPad Owners regarding playing Dominion in a browser

Previous topic - Next topic

MustardCowboy

Hi everyone,

I'm considering getting an iPad this year, and one of the things I'm looking forward to is playing digital board games on it. I know an app will be created eventually, but how playable is the game in a browser on the iPad? Is it a similar experience to playing on a PC, or does the touch screen with no mouse option hose things up?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

PeasantKing

I think it works great. I think I use my iPad for the majority of Dominion games. A few hiccups here and there but nothing too troublesome.

blamelewis

I use an iPad Pro and the larger screen is definitely a help - the game plays fine but typing in chat is a little more awkward...

Best of luck
Tim

MustardCowboy

Thanks for the comments! I'm definitely wanting an iPad Pro, as I have several other favorites as well that I think would benefit from the larger screen size (Neuroshima Hex, Summoner Wars, etc.)

I think my main concern is figuring out ways around some of the actions that can occur with a right mouse click, such as reading the text of a card without buying it. I've got the actual boardgames for Prosperity, Seaside, and Intrigue, so I'm familiar enough with those cards, but for all the newer sets, I'll need to be able to see what the card does before buying it. Are there ways around that, other than just learning what the cards do by name?

yed

blamelewis

Yes, touch and hold and the full card image pops up - however beware that I've sometime found that i'll Accidentally buy a card when I'm trying to "long touch" it - so I've started doing this to remind myself of the card actions *outside* of the buy phase to avoid buying the wrong thing.

You could try finding a store with demo iPads and load up a game on the website to test the feel of it :)