Problem with Swindler and Lucky Coin

Previous topic - Next topic

HinghamtoHingham

Odd combination this. I played a Swindler, the AI trashed a lucky coin, but as there was no card worth 1 the game then completely froze. Any ideas?

Ingix

You don't happen to know the game number, I suppose? Because when I tried to replicate this, it worked as it should.

First, Lucky Coin is a card with cost $4, not $1, so maybe you are misremembering the card (but since one never buys it, I wouldn't have known the cost without looking it up).

In game #17086985 I included Donate, Treasury, Swindler, Fool and other cards not costing $4. That allowed me to keep a constant hand of 5 Treasuries and the Lucky Coin as the only card in the deck. In turn 11 Lord Rat's Swindler hit, it trashed the Lucky Coin, but the game continued without a problem, even though no card was gained.

In addition, I guess in the myriad of games played a Swindler from Lord Rat would have hit a non cost-reduced Shelter previously, which would result in the same problem as normally there are no cards costing 1 in the supply (Poor House being the exception).

So I guess that something else was involved in your situation, but without the game number it's hard to guess what it might have been.

AdamH

Sounds to me like the situation is that you trashed the bot's lucky coin with nothing else to gain at the same price point, then the game froze. Did you test that situation?

Ingix

You are right, I mixed up who played Swindler. But in game #17091557 I play the Swindler, hitting the Lucky Coin of the bot, and it was trashed and the game continued.

What *may* have happened is that HinghamtoHingham expected the 'Choose what to exchange the trashed card for' dialog from Swindler, and that didn't happen. If he could not play any more Action cards (non in hand or no more Actions availale), this would result in an immedeate transfer to the buy phase, which may have looked like 'completely frozen' if one doesn't expect this.