Timeout without warning

Previous topic - Next topic

bananny

There's a timer now???  Yes!  I always play bots mostly because of slow players.  You need 4 minutes to think out a turn?  Yeah, I definitely don't want to play with you.  I think the last time I played a live person was last winter.  So many rude inconsiderate people play this game.  Bots don't talk to me and they take quick turns.

Tempting.  I may have to allow a real human at my table just to see if this timer thing is legit for me.

Thank you!

P.S. Leave a visual countdown out.  I think it will be a way for people that are going out of their way to be rude to continue to do so.  I think 4 minutes is too long.  Make it 2 minutes OR make it an option, just like allowing Colonies in a game.  Whomever is making the table can select a timer option and how long the timer may be set.

jeebus

Quote from: bananny on 11 August 2018, 03:55:01 AMLeave a visual countdown out.

I guess I'll just keep repeating this every time somone posts: This thread has never been about a visual countdown.

bananny

Quote from: jeebus on 11 August 2018, 07:24:53 AM
Quote from: bananny on 11 August 2018, 03:55:01 AMLeave a visual countdown out.

I guess I'll just keep repeating this every time somone posts: This thread has never been about a visual countdown.

Yes, because visual countdown was the entire focus of everything I said and absolutely worth taking the time to point this out!  How awesome you must feel!  I saw somebody mention it while I was skimming the other posts.

I guess I'll just point out how much fun it must be for you to nit pick on others like this.  I hope you feel good about yourself <3

jeebus

Quote from: bananny on 11 August 2018, 07:43:28 AM
Yes, because visual countdown was the entire focus of everything I said and absolutely worth taking the time to point this out!  How awesome you must feel!  I saw somebody mention it while I was skimming the other posts.

I guess I'll just point out how much fun it must be for you to nit pick on others like this.  I hope you feel good about yourself <3

I don't, I hate these kinds of interactions.

There is nothing wrong with commenting on one part of what you said. I quoted that one part, because it's what I wanted to comment on. The reason is that it repeats this notion that has been stated several times now, and also right before you posted, that somebody (seemingly me, since I'm the OP) is advocating for a visual timer. It makes it seem like I'm arguing for something and then devaluing that argument.

In fact, only skimming a thread - and thereby missing the point of it - before commenting, is a bigger breach of netiquette.