Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Deciding whether to grant Undo each time is super awkward  (Read 213 times)

Offline kevinb9n

• View Profile
Deciding whether to grant Undo each time is super awkward
« on: 12 August 2018, 07:40:11 PM »
I have a simple Undo policy: if an action resulted in ANY new information being made available to the opponent, I think it is very inappropriate to Undo that. That information could be: saw a new card from their deck, or found out whether I was going to React, or even found out that the game was giving me an *opportunity* to React - anything like that.

But in any other case but that I am always fine with granting it, even multiple steps. In fact, it feels really bad/unfriendly not to, especially if I'm winning.

I would *really* like to just set that as my preference, but the bigger issue is that it is though for me to manually puzzle out whether the opponent is trying to do an illegitimate Undo like this. Can something be done to help this situation?

Offline josh bornstein

• View Profile
Re: Deciding whether to grant Undo each time is super awkward
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2018, 09:16:12 PM »
If you're trying to suss out why an opponent is asking for an Undo...this is where the chat function can be very useful.  Just ask them.  Most people (well, All people, in my limited experience) will tell you why they want an Undo...if you ask them for an explanation.  Their answers can inform your Undo decisions.

Offline AdamH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2018, 12:43:46 PM »
I have a simple Undo policy: if an action resulted in ANY new information being made available to the opponent, I think it is very inappropriate to Undo that.

The feature to be able to auto-approve all undos that didn't reveal any information was something promised to us I think before the software was initially released. It's been almost two years since that and we've seen nothing.

So yeah I don't think anyone would disagree with you that this is a good idea, but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath.

Offline blamelewis

• Trying to get the hang of Thursdays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2018, 06:21:41 PM »
I think a simple-ish step forward would be for the Undo button to popup with a field where the person requesting the undo has to enter a reason...