Overlord +Wine Merchant

Previous topic - Next topic

mso122591

I played Overlord as Wine Merchant and now Overlord won't leave my tavern mat no matter how much excess money I have.

markus

That works as intended: the moment you put it on the tavern mat, it leaves play and thus becomes an Overlord again. Then you have an Overlord on the mat and you can't discard it, because it doesn't have any directions about discarding / calling it.

Dwedit

Yeah, the game could use notifications if taking a particular action will not function as intended, or has bad side effects that aren't obvious.

Ingix

Yes, and no. It would be nice to have something that makes it clear when something is not going to work outright: That Duplicate is not giving you a second Ghost, or if your opponent got a Ghost via Haunted Mirror, Smugglers isn't going to help you gain one, either.

OTOH, that Overlord play gave you $4 this turn, maybe that was necessary to get the penultimate Province with a > 6 points lead. It might worth 'sacrificing' the Overlord for that, or any other good card. That Duplicate called 'by mistake' on a Ghost might make Peddlers go down from costing $2 to $0 in your buy phase later; good if you have lots of buys.

To sum it up, there may be perfectly valid reasons for any kind of 'strange' behavior; I once had to turn off the Moat autoplay on my oppponent's junk giver: I had run out of things to trash for my Trade Route, and opponent's cursee where good for that (and I'd rather use the +Buy from Trade Route on good stuff than a Copper to trash next turn).

Dwedit

Wow, I just realized that possession could make you get rid of your opponent's overlords/bands of misfits for good.

santamonica811

Quote from: Dwedit on 26 September 2018, 05:46:33 PM
Wow, I just realized that possession could make you get rid of your opponent's overlords/bands of misfits for good.

Reason # 187 to hate Possession!!!  ;D