Oregon server very slow

Previous topic - Next topic

vinay

Each thing I do is taking seconds before the server responds.

Ryan Y.

Having the same issue.  Game was so slow I had to resign due to 10-15 second delays between each action.

AdamH

It's been like this on all servers for me for the past several weeks consistently.

vinay

Yeah, my opponent yesterday said the same thing was happening to him.

I just played a game on Tokyo though and it was fast.

Cave-O-Sapien

Quote from: AdamH on 29 August 2018, 01:14:24 PM
It's been like this on all servers for me for the past several weeks consistently.

I've played over 200 hundred games over the past several weeks. The problem hasn't been consistent.

It was very, very bad a couple of days ago, but it hasn't been a constant thing.

vinay

Cave-O: one of those games was with me earlier today. gg. I got lucky by being first player with Militia on the board.

Stef

Quote from: Cave-O-Sapien on 31 August 2018, 07:10:30 AM
I've played over 200 hundred games over the past several weeks. The problem hasn't been consistent.

It was very, very bad a couple of days ago, but it hasn't been a constant thing.

This is consistent with my observations. Here is an image of the cpu load of the oregon game server I made yesterday.
I don't know the cause yet (normally it shouldn't get above 2-3%) but clearly it is related to that huge lag spike.

vinay

Stef, if you'd like help diagnosing the high CPU utilization next time it happens, I am happy to lend my services (I do this sort of thing professionally.)