unfriendly gamer

Previous topic - Next topic

Antasy

I had an opponent who called me "STFU wanker"

Ingix

You can blacklist them (lighting bolt icon at end of game screen). If you think the exchange crossed the line to harassment, you can send me a personal message (click my name left in this post and then on the left side, under "Actions", should be an entry "Send personal message."

harkne

Behind a gamer a % are needed where you can see how may games this player finished when he lost. Only for games with 3 or more players. If he win 10 and lost 5 and resign one of the 5 before end, then 80% must be shown behind the player name. Then it must be possible that I can enter a % value how many % a player must have that I play with him. Already written above ... not needed for 1vs1 games.

bananny

Real people are jerks.  Lord Rattington and I are besties!

menelaosbgr

I also came across an unfriendly user today: FIOLA.

I black listed them.

We were playing and at some point I thought I was going to lose to I typed "GG" which means good game.

The guy got an unucky hand.
Then he started swearing in the chat at me like "F### you"
"I will report you.."

I had no idea what he was on about except that he was going to lose.

I black listed him after winning and then wrote this forum post.

I wonder if there is an official location to report people.

Ingix

You can contact me or Stef here directly (by Personal Message) or on discord, in case you want to report someone.

In this case, while swearing is of course not acceptable, your opponent might have gotten the idea that you were mocking them. You did nothing wrong, but the flow of events, when viewed by an opponent (who may not immediately see your remark *before* he had the bad hand) might be construed by them as bad form.

I personally use "GG" only when the game is explicitely over (End of Game message on screen), when I see they have the money to buy the last Province/Colony in the info bar, or when I want resign myself, which I then do immediaetly afterwards.

I've seen opponents miss an 'easy' 3-pile victory, and of course even with 10 hand cards and $7 already from Militias etc. a player might not have the last $1 to seal the deal.

gemini6ice

I just had a game with a very abusive player. I'm blacklisting them, but they really seem like the kind of person who does this consistently whenever they think they are not winning. They cross the line from "I don't want to interact with them" to "the site would be better off banning them" imo

https://pastebin.com/am4Yfa7s