Table options displayed incorrectly

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

Recently I've been doing playtesting using the online client for designed kingdoms. It's very important that people on my friends list don't see what kingdoms I'm playing with because many of them plan to attend my tournament. Cool. I can set "Allow Spectators" to "No" and I don't believe they can do this.

So I play a few games and then now I want to playtest a different kingdom. I go back to the table options and "Allow Spectators" is set to its default "Yes". I don't believe the behavior is wrong here (I don't have any way to check) but the table should save its settings between games. In either case, it should be checked to make sure that the options are being displayed properly.

Ideally, my table settings should be remembered for me even if I log off and log back on. And this other one may be on the list already but "Allow Spectators" settings should work for people joining the table as well as spectators. If I have all spectators disallowed but I haven't put a bot at my table to fill all seats, I don't want anyone to be able to see what kingdom I'm using or be able to sit at my table.

markus

I believe this can happen if there has been a server restart. Then, the table options show a kingdom etc. from before the restart. But actually nothing in the options has been selected. I assume that this carries over to allowing spectators.
(Note that you do see when somebody joins your table as long as you allow spec chat. And you can switch off that "followers see your activity" such that only your friends would even realize that you are playing.)

AdamH

Quote from: markus on 17 December 2018, 11:54:37 PM
I believe this can happen if there has been a server restart. Then, the table options show a kingdom etc. from before the restart. But actually nothing in the options has been selected. I assume that this carries over to allowing spectators.
(Note that you do see when somebody joins your table as long as you allow spec chat. And you can switch off that "followers see your activity" such that only your friends would even realize that you are playing.)

I just tested this now a few times. Every time I go back to table settings after a game it displays "yes" for allow spectators when I had it on "no" before I started the game. I don't think it's allowing spectators but the display keep reverting and I don't think the server is restarting every time.

markus

I see, I understood it the other way around ("displayed as still no, but actually yes"), because I was expecting that you ran into problems of people joining your table. Should have read more carefully.