Cubes by username

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

So in a game with projects, if a player hasn't bought a project yet, there's a colored cube that appears by their username. Why is this there? I think it shouldn't be there.

There is no display like that for +Action tokens that haven't been placed yet in Lost Arts games. If anything, make it consistent, but it seems obvious that not putting them there is the way to go.

Ingix

I disagree, but I understand your point. There is a colored cube for each unbought project yet, up to two.

In my mind the cubes are there to remind players that they still have the option to buy a project per cube. That is unlike Adventure tokens, which may be bought and moved repeatedly.

Again, I see your point about consistency, but to me putting the cubes there is the 'obvious' thing to do.

jeebus

I'm not sure it's necessary to have the cubes there, but I guess it helps indicate that you can only buy two Projects for players who don't know this (when playing with more than two Projects).

But I don't actually think it's inconsistent the way it is now. Player tokens from Adventures are actually in the general supply when not placed anywhere. This is obvious with your -$1 token but it's the case for all the tokens. The Project cubes on the other hand are given to the players when the game starts.

squirezucco

Can someone explain why DXV limited us to two cubes per player, if there is a limit of two projects anyway? Is this based on some future plan to broaden the utility of the cubes or the scope of projects?

If I had 700 cubes, I could still only buy two projects in a game right now.

Ingix

The 2 projects per game is a recommendation only, AFAIK. You can play with 4 projects online, for example. But for the physcial game it would be impractical/uneconomical to distribute 20 cubes per player, in case 6 players decided to do a game with all of them. So since there has to be a limit, it allows a bit more freedom to allow more Projects but limit the cubes, instead of making "max 2 projects per game" a hard rule.

Of course, this is all my interpretation only.

jeebus

Quote from: squirezucco on 03 January 2019, 04:18:19 PM
Can someone explain why DXV limited us to two cubes per player, if there is a limit of two projects anyway? Is this based on some future plan to broaden the utility of the cubes or the scope of projects?

If I had 700 cubes, I could still only buy two projects in a game right now.

I don't understand this question. Assuming as you do that there is a limit of two Projects, why would DXV supply more than two cubes per player?

In any case, Ingix is right, two Projects is only a recommendation.