Butcher / Start of phase effects

Previous topic - Next topic

crlundy

Butcher: If you choose to trash a card, the gained card is logged before the Coffers use.

Start of phase effects: These are indented, so they look like part of resolving the last card played during the previous phase. For example, Arena and Treasure Chest. Probably there should be a "x starts their Buy phase" in those cases, similar to start of turn effects.

Attached is a screenshot that happens to show all of this.

crlundy

I somehow missed that Arena was on the known issues list, whoops. Possibly it's still worth noting that it's the same for Treasure Chest?

Ingix

Thanks for the report, crlundy!

The end-of-phase/beginning of phase thing is sure getting more important, as more and more cards use it. I had a similiar few minutes of confusion when I played Pirate Ship, attacked and actually got some Gold in addition to the pirate counter. In the log it totally looked like it was part of the Pirate Ship effect.

In reality, it was Gold from the Treasure Chest. It just made perfect narrative sense that a Pirate Ship would bring you Gold, so I had to look at the text again to make sure I didn't misremember.

About the Coffers use before the gain: This is probably confusing, I'll see if something can be done about it.

Again, thanks for reportin the problems!