Is Vassal working properly?

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Game19635362.  Board had Vassal, Apothecary, and Legionary (etc, etc)

Turn 13.  I had Vassal in my hand.  By using Apoth, I was of course allowed to arrange the order of the upcoming set of cards.  I deliberately put Leg. on top, so I could next combo it with Vassal.  But when I then did play V, the game did not give me the option of playing the top card/action card--it instead automatically discarded that Leg card!  Hmmm....

Turn 16.  The same thing happened.  By using Apoth, I was able to arrange the upcoming cards, and this time put a second Apoth on top of my deck.  But when I then played Vassal, that top Apoth was again automatically discarded by the game's AI.

Did I somehow do something wrong?  Is this a known bug?  A 'new' one?  Or am I not understanding how to correctly use Vassal? . . . it's a card that almost never comes up in my games, for whatever reason, so this game might have been the first time I've ever tried to use it.

markus

Vassal first discards the card. Then, you can play it, if you want. There's a play button that you have to click for that.

gorling

You have to click the text in the log to be able to play the card you discarded

santamonica811

Gorling,
I thought for *sure* I had checked the log for something to click.  But maybe I did not.

I know 100% that nothing popped up on screen (like, for example, Watchtower, where 'trash,' "topdeck" etc are clear-as-a-bell options, and where it would be impossible to miss them).

markus

You almost convinced me that I remembered incorrectly and there was no button. But there is, as you can see in the screenshot.
Maybe you got confused by "play action" and thought it referred to something in your hand? There could be a bug of course, but it would be something more convoluted.

santamonica811

Marcus,
Good.  Thanks for the screenshot.  Now I know for sure that there IS a bug, and it's a pity that I apparently did not write the correct game number.  Your screenshot shows the sort of screen pop up that would, literally, be impossible to miss. 

I did not put this in my original posting, but . . . when I was playing that game, and when I played Vassal and AI automatically skipped over Legionary; I hit Undo, to make sure I had not missed something.  Nope.  There was no popup on the screen, and no link to click on in the log.  I checked the first time, and then checked even more carefully after hitting undo and repeating my play of Vassal.

At the very least; what I will start to do is to take screenshots if I suspect bugs in the future.  For now, it's just a real mystery.

But it's definitely a bug.  But seems to be one that happens very very rarely, fortunately.