Why does the game tells you the size of your deck, but not your discard pile?

Previous topic - Next topic

Pizzaelemblast

I think that we be really great if the game could tell you the size of your discard pile, unless there's a reason that it doesn't.

jsh

Quote from: Pizzaelemblast on 06 November 2018, 01:22:50 AM
I think that we be really great if the game could tell you the size of your discard pile, unless there's a reason that it doesn't.

It's one of the official rules of the game, so the client complies with it, even though in theory it's very easy to figure out anyway.

Pizzaelemblast

Well that's a stupid rule. We all know there are cards that actually instruct you to look through your discard pile, yet you can't count?

Pizzaelemblast

I think the intent of that rule is so that in games with actual cards, people don't sift through their discard pile, strategizing, which would slow the game to a crawl.

And that's a totally different thing than have the red number which just tells the quantity of cards.

Donald X.

Originally you could count your discard pile but not look through it.

Valerie didn't like that the rulebook would have to say "but you can't look through it." She felt like it was like accusing the players of cheating. And I didn't care much. So, you can't count it or look through it.

When you are looking through it because something tells you to, you can for sure also count it then.

Pizzaelemblast

Ah, I didn't think I'd get a reply from Donald X. himself, very cool  :)

I guess I'm asking if the asking if the digital version can make an exception to this rule, since you can't look through your discard pile regardless. I hope some other players might back me up that they'd like this feature. It seems it be would a nice feature for new players, but perhaps some veterans might not like it since they already have experience with knowing their discard pile size intuitively.

Also, since I'm talking to Donald X., I have a cool feature request for a possible mechanic in a future expansion. My idea is to have cards similar to Events or Landmarks which either: 1. give a minor penalty to the player going first, 2. give a minor advantage to the player going second,or 3. Take an effect on a specific number turn of the game, like say "on turn 12"