I want to start this thread, with a great amount of appreciation for ShuffleIt's smooth release of 'Rennaissance', including the Promo Week with playable card. Cards (ord card-shaped things) are the heart of Dominion and I feel they are in good hands with ShuffleIt, thus I extended my supriction for half a a year.
Still, I'd like to question the Status Quo. In January 2018 we were asked about the following list of Priorities:
1. An offline client, allowing you to play campaigns against bots
2. A bot with a setting for different play styles
3. A strong bot.
4. Options for timed games
5. Options for undo settings
6. Online mini-tournaments; the option to easily create one for you & your friends.
7. Option to invite specific players to your table
8. More translations (to what language?)
9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/...
10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ...
10. Option to hide the log
11. Android app (or just improved compatibility?)
12. iPhone app (or just improved compatibility?)
13. Downloadable game logs
14. Improved moderation (dealing with chat abuse, slowplayers, ...)
15. Tutorial on how to play Dominion
16. Tutorial on how to play dominion online.
What we have seen since is...
- 8. More translations -> Addition of French and Chinese (January)
- 10. Better visualization of split piles, Archive/Crypt contents, Prince targets, ... (November)
- (to some extent) 9. Better animations when cards are gained/bought/played/... (November)
In addition, the King'sCourtier Mod was made an official feature, Autoplay was improved, expansion /landmark / event /project placeholders can be selected when creating a table (very welcome!) and there was some rework on UI and the game log, probably to match Renaissance better.
We heard that an client rework was in the making, leading to better AI, maybe campaigns, etc.
, but it seems to be stuck, as it is often the case with refactoring in IT. Similiar news reached us about a new table logic.
Given that the last quoted update was from June, I hoped to find some of the November backend rework in the Rennaissance release, but apparently this was not the case. This leads me to assume that every new expansion takes so much development time, that anything but minor improvements to the client are simply out of reach for ShuffleIT's manpower, as long as new expansions come out.
If this is true, I would really appreciate more attention to the glaring issue of the abysmal bot AI in an otherwise fine product. Hotfix it, please, if you cannot refactor it in time! From the comments in the feedback thread, I do not seem to be alone with this opinion, including DXV.
I would love to hear the developer's opinion and their plans for the future.