Capitalism + Abandoned Mine + Jack of all Trades

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaq

Hey,
just coming out of a game in which I paid for "Capitalism" which added the "treasure"-keysword to my abondoned Mine. So, when I was playing a JOAT I instantly entered buy phase and were not able to trash that very mine anymore. I also had "Swamp Hag" which was entitled but didn't end up with both, SH and JOAT in Hand all game.

Ingix

Hi Shaq, thanks for the report.

Abandoned Mine and Jack: In that case being a Treasure is a *disadvantage* for the Abandoned Mine, because Jack can't trash Treasures (like it can't trash Coppers)! You entering buy phase immediatly I would assume is due to having *only* Treaures in hand (normal ones and ones made by  Capitalism), so the game does not pause you to ask, and if you have no additional actions, you'd go straight to buy phase.

AdamH

Quote from: Ingix on 30 November 2018, 09:26:45 PM
You entering buy phase immediatly I would assume is due to having *only* Treaures in hand (normal ones and ones made by  Capitalism), so the game does not pause you to ask, and if you have no additional actions, you'd go straight to buy phase.

This is not the way the client behaves (and it shouldn't be btw). I have to press the end actions button to play things as treasures instead of actions.

Ingix

I wasn't clear in my description. When your "Action count" is zero when the stack is empty (and you don't have Villagers, can't call anything etc.), then the game will immediately go to the buy phase. That's I assume what happend here, if there was no Village or played before the Jack.

Shaq

Yeah, I know that. Pretty nice change btw. I used to play Crown as an action card because I assumed to move over to buy phase and wanted to throne a treasure card. Now, when I have no actions in hand but crownm I get into buy phase without clicking or actions/villagers left.

But I shouldnt enter buy phase before JACk OF ALL TRADES went through all of its effects and should allow me to trash capitalised coin actions.

markus

Quote from: Shaq on 02 December 2018, 06:04:21 PM
But I shouldnt enter buy phase before JACk OF ALL TRADES went through all of its effects and should allow me to trash capitalised coin actions.
I think the confusion is about what Jack can't do: "You may trash a non-Treasure card from your hand."
It doesn't matter whether action phase or buy phase. When you have Capitalism, your Abandoned Mine is a Treasure and therefore can't be trashed with Jack.