no game no money

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhose

I'd very much like to scratch my itch of dominion, and I do appreciate the base game being free, but paying 50 euro for 1 year access is the equivalent of a triple A game and all I get is stupid bots and annoying real life players, sorta speak, no offense to friendly players. Plus, personally, I'd feel scammed.

Now I understand the reasoning about not wanting to release an offline without better AI, which would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that playing the same stupid bots costs me 50 bucks a year now.

From my point of view, as a consumer of games, I'm not gonna pay 50 bucks without a guarantee I at least get to play the stupid bots for as long as I want. But waiting for AI is like waiting for real life hover boards, eg : race for the galaxy AI took 10 years for an industry expert. Not to sound dramatic but a lot of your potential customers might be dead by then if that's what we waiting for.

Many are dissapointed by early access and crowdfunding, and I kinda hate myself for pitching it here, but if I look at it in this case it would make sense... pay now for an offline with stupid bots, label it AI-less preview to prevent confusion (like generic alpha version) and voila... I get to play stupid bots, and I possibly will play better bots along the line, you get some money to keep peddling and hopefully reaching the shore. Give us some tools  (grin almost misspelled it as trolls) to create our own campaigns and become astounded as a growing community creates more campaigns then you need while waiting for the AI to make the game boom into the triple A title it deserves to become.

Here are some ideas for campaign tools we need :
1) you decide on some unlocked cards to start with, or static selections per bot
2) some map where we scatter bots to fight, linear or free roam (pref both as tools)
3) some mechanic to unlock cards, be it boosters, shop, boss fights, crafting (pref all as tools)
4) some cutscene tool for story telling
etc....

If I had an editor to do that, I'd play the hell out of it and share my campaign gladly with others, regardless of how good or bad the AI was.

jneh

I'd be happy with free offline against current AI, while longer term AI improvements are worked on.

bananny

I'll believe the offline version is really going to happen once I see it.  It's been promised over and over again.  I'd be tickled pink for an offline version!  I'm really fed up with the online lag problems.  Paying over and over again for a game that's BROKEN!  But that's what they want!  Offline version means no more profit!  We can't have that!  How absurd!  We must keep taking money from the gamers! 😠