Kingdom Preview/Notes & Recommended Kingdoms

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBigBadCRad

I'd like to be able to preview a tables kingdom set before joining instead of having to dip into a table and read it there.

Categorizing tables as Custom - Recommended Set - Trash/Gain Theme - Treasure Theme - Engine Theme - Base Only - Expansion A/Expansion B/Etc Etc Etc by basing the code on what populates the majority of a kingdoms card set. Obviously one treasure in a game with three trashing cards or cards that react from trash is a trashing game and a game that uses a Keep landmark, a Pirate Ship, and a Guildhall project would be considered a Treasure/Trashing theme and a Kingdom with Village, Smithy, and Market is something from an Engine game, I'm sure you guys play you'll know how to organize it. I'm not sure exactly what constitutes the threshold for such parameters but I'm spitballing here. A player added message or notes in the table lobby that could be accessed through a hyperlink with a small pop out message window feature is a nice thought but also could lead to shenanigans. Tables that require a password to access for closed games that can be user generated would be handy.

I would also love to see preset recommended Kingdoms that come from the backs of the instruction manuals in the physical game box programmed into an automatic kingdom selector in the kingdom creator area as easy to pick from as the recently added randomizer buttons that are above the card list. Again highlighting mechanic themes from each kingdom Trash - Treasure - Trash and Gain - Engine - Combo - Slog - Blah blah bah. This would be a great way for new players to understand card interactions and not be intimidated by randomly selected kingdoms.

Honestly the entire communication platform could be revamped and made into a global hub with chat channels how they have done in games like World of Warcraft, Everquest, Ultima Online, etc MMOs. At least a way to private message players that are online just to either check in or invite them to games.

So to summarize I am basically asking for better communication and categorization of kingdoms. And lastly find a way improve the randomizer for the card dealer that doesn't include an algorithm favoring higher rated players - I'm onto y'all  >:( . My offline experience and online experience are like night and day sometimes regarding my win/loss ratio. Everything else is really nice, looks good, and the updates are keeping game play smooth!

Peace  :-X

santamonica811

I think some of your suggestions are quite good, and I'd be surprised if others have not made them before.

I really like the current way to create a deck, where I can say, for example, I want one random Nocturne card, one random Renaissance card one random Event, one random card from Events or Projects, and the rest selected randomly from the available universe.  Or, to do the same but also select a specific card that I want to practice with.

Having said that; it would be a great idea to set up a new kingdom and say, "Hey, pick randomly from one of your pre-created kingdoms and let's use that."  Or, "Give us one of your Engine kingdoms.  We used to kinda sorts have that at the old website, where players were given preselected kingdoms and could advance only after beating Lord Rat in that kingdom.  But it would be a nice addition to have, say, 50 kingdoms created and saved and ready for players' use, divided into various categories...beginners especially would really benefit from this, and also mid-level players.

It would take some time to code this...but not too much time.  And then, once done, a lot of people would use this feature, so I think it would be a productive use of time. 

My two cents only, of course.  :-)

p.s.  Does the card dealer really favor higher rated players???  I'm not saying it's impossible that this happens...but it would really surprise me.  Not sure what benefit this gives to the game itself.  I would have thought that it was, indeed truly randomized in regards to players' skill levels, and that game results would be more due to, well, an individual player's skill level.  (Of course, on a single game, luck enters much more into it...especially on kingdoms with certain card combinations.)