News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Hamlet Discard

Previous topic - Next topic

EarlS

So, I recently played a game with Hamlet. I was doing a bunch of draw-to-X stuff, so all of my payload was disappearing and my hand size was often small. By the time I played my last Hamlet, I had just one card in hand. I discarded the last card in my hand to receive +action just because I felt like it, and then I was surprised to be presented with the option to "discard" for +buy. I tried, and it worked. I discarded nothing and still received a +buy.

Now I realize that this will practically never matter. I guess I could find an edge case where I Innovate something with +cards and draw up a Diadem and the combination of one extra coin and one extra buy allows me to buy something that I wouldn't otherwise, and maybe that wins me the game . . . but that's a stretch.

Still, it's not how the card should work, so I thought I'd report it.

Ingix

Thanks for the report EarlS. I just checked and you are indeed correct.

If you have no card in hand after the +1 Card of Hamlet, it will not give you discard options, but if you draw one (or had one before), it will always ask you for both options (and give your the result), even if you have no card in hand for the second (+Buy) option.