Ghost + Way of the Turtle (on Coven)

Previous topic - Next topic

BarkAtKit

In my game #36581829 (I think), which included Way of the Turtle, I played Ghost and it found a Coven. At the start of my next turn, the Coven's main effect was automatically played (1 Action, 2 coins, and Rattington exiled a Curse). Then it gave me the option of playing it again or Turtling it. But if I'm not mistaken, it should have given me that option the first time around as well, yes?

In the case of Coven specifically there's little reason not to let it play once before using Turtle (if that's what I wanted), but I imagine there are other cards you would not want to play even once, just Turtle immediately (with the second play from Ghost being lost, I assume, due to lose-track).

Ingix

Thanks for the report, BarkAtKit!

You are totally right that the game should ask you about both plays of Coven. If it didn't, there is a bug.

Ghost did have some problems in playtesting, so maybe there is more (it's a complicated card, being both a Duration and a "Throne Room").

The game number seems right, that Kingdom has all the cards you described. I and/or Stef will look into this, maybe it takes a few days, previews are a bit hectic.

Again, thanks for the report.

Stef

We experimented a bit with the Way-interface. In an earlier stage, you always had to toggle the way before clicking an action or an ability. Then clicking action cards in hand got better with this "way-button".

Now this toggling of ways is so rare that I think I'm better off removing it entirely, and probably will. But it is what happened here:

before you clicked that 'ghost' button, you had the chance to toggle the way. That "decision" of yours was used on the first coven-play. For the second coven-play, it asked you explicitly.

BarkAtKit

Ah, okay! Makes sense. Thank you very much!