How could I win games and have my score get lower?

Previous topic - Next topic

Madam Kitty

I don't understand this. My rank/score was 46.4 yesterday and I won (well, I almost won but 4 people in a row quit after they realized that I was winning) 6 games, lost 1 and my score is now 46.2. Several of the quitters had higher ranks than me. What on earth is the algorithm for scoring if people who win get lower scores? This keeps happening and It's beyond frustrating.

Ingix

The update of the rankings happens about midnight of European time and takes some time, so, from looking at your posting time, it may have happened after you looked at your rating.

On http://dominion.lauxnet.com/scavenger you can see the current rating as used by the game, which is 46.77 (so increased) and your updated rating taking into account the latest games is 47.17, which is probably due to the win streak you mentioned.

The decrease in rating you noticed is probably due to the games you lost 2 days ago, where you had a small loosing streak.

Tl;dnr: The rating shown in the client updates only once per day, so the changes due to recent games (good or bad) are not immediately reflected.