Disabled "right click' breaks Android Browser use for me

Previous topic - Next topic

webnesto

The inability to 'right click' or 'long press' on a touch device to bring up the context menu prevents me from being able to log in to the app on my tablet - as I have a real password that is too long to remember or type (I use a password manager - that also does not work with your site) and therefore cannot bring up the 'paste' menu item for something on my clipboard.

Why is this basic functionality disabled?  Can we get it back, please?

Ingix

Did this ever work in the past (as your last question implies)? Because I'm not aware that anything changed with this regard in the immediate past (say 2 months).

The game uses long press as a substitute for right click on many of it's pages for touch devices, but that is for internal functionality, not a password manager.

As a workaround, would entering it once via (virtual) keybaord and then letting the browser remember that password be OK for you? That's how I do it on my tablet (which I rarely used for that, though).

webnesto

Hmmmm... good question.  Not sure if I'd ever noticed it working before.  I haven't tried to use the app on my tablet in a long time.  I keep trying and then finding the experience to be less than ideal, so I go for some months before trying again.  No idea how long it has been since last I tried on my tablet or how I got through the log in (might've been just using a terrible easily entered password at the time).

Next time, yes I'll probably try to manually enter and save it.  It's just frustrating when basic app functionality is disabled.  I (as a web dev) understand *why* the context-click event can be captured and used in app-dev, but I would argue that it should only be disabled for specific and necessary app-functionality.  If there's in-app use (I think I recall - that's for viewing the detail/zoom of a card), why is it universally disabled, and not just when used in the play table view?  Context-click should be available on other screens and the log/chat pane.

Ingix

There are lots of things that use right-clicks on a PC in the game, usually explanatory in nature. In addition, right clicking on many things without anything special attached to it would show the usual "Save page as, Show background picture,..." menu that's not useful at all for the game. So this has been disabled and replaced with specific actions when the game supports it.

Not using my tablet often in that way, I have no idea how inter-program data exchange (like with a password manager) is usually handled on a tablet/phone. If it works via long press or something similar, it might indeed be a good idea to enable that on the login page.

yed