Account Renewal

Previous topic - Next topic

dcresap

According to my Account, my annual charge has not been made to my credit card and it was due on 1/10/2019.  Is there going to be another annual charge to my credit card?

markus

There is no recurrent subscription. You always pay for what you get and you need to buy a new subscription when or before it expires. (Any remaining subscription cost will be deducted from what you buy.)

santamonica811

Markus,
What sort of heads-up do subscribers get, when it gets close to an end-date?  I assume we get some email--or notification message here on this site--a week or a month before it ends...that is typical for pretty much every website out there.  But it would good to know what exactly to look for.  (And, if it's an email, it would be good to know where it will come from, so we all can make sure to let our email service know, in advance, that it's not spam.)

AdamH

I've never gotten a heads up, I just play a game and surprise! It's base only! Then I have to figure out why

Ingix

Right, unlike other companies that inform you 'too much' that their valuable servive will soon run out and you should do something before the sky falls down on you, here nothing happens (either beforehand or at least after the subcription ran out). Neither behaviour is optimal, from my point of view (as consumer).

AdamH

Quote from: Ingix on 18 January 2019, 02:02:51 PM
Right, unlike other companies that inform you 'too much' that their valuable servive will soon run out and you should do something before the sky falls down on you, here nothing happens (either beforehand or at least after the subcription ran out). Neither behaviour is optimal, from my point of view (as consumer).

Yeah I like that I don't get E-mails and warnings that it's going to run out soon.

I would prefer an in-client message, one time when something runs out, that says "hey you might want to renew this"

santamonica811

There are some websites where there are significant advantages to keeping a membership active (lots of benefits that have been discontinued for new memberships but are grandfathered in for existing ones...Amazon Prime, for example, still charges me the original--much lower--price for its annual membership).  For these, it's pretty important to keep up one's membership.

Here, there is no financial cost to letting a membership lapse...either intentionally or due to a lack of advance warning from Shuffle.  If the membership ends, then you can just renew easily the next time you try to log in and try to create a kingdom with more than Base cards.  As such, I guess I fall into the camp of "Okay, lack of advance warning has no real-world consequences."

Actually, it is sort of a benefit.  If you are an infrequent player, you'll actually save money with Shuffle's approach.  You played 2 weeks ago, and your membership ended.  13 days later, you log in again to play.  You can set up your new subscription then--saving you those 13 days of payments (for that time where you were not playing anyway).