"reconnecting" can't connect to dominion website

Previous topic - Next topic

kamikaze0214

Is anyone else having this problem? All I get is a spinning wheel. Can't join/host bot games either. Any help would be appreciated.

Ingix

That's usually a local problem, I just checked and it worked for me.

What you need to do is open the dominion site in a private (Firefox) or incognito (Chrome) Tab. That should give you the login screen. Fill in your credentials, but do not click "Login". Instead, look below, there is small text reading "Kick" and "Kick & Resign". These are actually clickable links.

Click on "Kick & Resign", that should clear the problem up, and you can continue in your normal browser window/tab. If you are in a rated game that you don't want to resign from, it might be a good idea to try "Kick" first. If that works, fine, othwerwise use "Kick & Resign".

kamikaze0214

Okay, I did that. It said kick succeeded.

I tried logging back in and I'm stuck at the "reconnecting" with circle/cancel&resign sign.

So I'm still unable to play. Gr

Ingix

That's bad, of course. Could you, after doing the "Kick & Resign" again from a private window, try to actually log in in the private tab? If that works, try to log out there and try again from a normal windows.

Another option that sometimes helps is to clear the cache of your browser:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

kamikaze0214

Funny, I had a long thing typed up about what i was doing but cleared cookies/data and when I tried to post I wasn't logged in. Arg!

I tried playing a game under icognito mode and couldn't.

I just tried kick/resign for incog, cleared cookies/data, and then tried to play a game. Got spinning wheel of death/reconnecting without getting a game.

Do I have any other options?

Ingix

Have you tried another browser? Otherwise, I've no idea.

I've alerted Stef to the problem on Discord.

kamikaze0214

Great minds think alike.

Explorer is not supported. Downloading firefox now, will update in a few.

Ingix

There has been a server reboot in the mean time, so any hung game will definitely be over. Really strange.

kamikaze0214

I'm still having same issue this morning. Spinning wheel and "reconnecting" with cancel & resign button. =/

Ingix

I'm at my wit's end, I have to say. If it doesn't work with different browsers, it can't really be a browser problem. But why should the network in between pose any problem? Sorry, as I said, I have no idea what to try now.

markus

Just to make sure: you tried kick &resign from the login page? (Not from the black reconnecting page where it didn't work for me either in the past)

kamikaze0214

I just tried that and it said there was nothing to kick.

markus

And if you try to log in from that screen now you're stuck at reconnecting immediately?

kamikaze0214

No. I'm then able to select the "matching, my table, tables, options, etc." I've just been trying a bot game so I don't get someone else stuck. I can see my friends are playing but i cannot join their games or start my own game.