Post game game log

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrawkcab

Why isn't the game log visible in the post game lobby?

From the missing feature thread
QuoteTop priorities in 2017:
Add retrievable gamelogs, rating, leaderboard

It's been two years?!

Being able to review the game turn by turn (a-la boardgamesarena) would be fantastic, that I could understand taking a while to implement. I don't understand how just keeping the log tab from the game screen available post game is that huge of an undertaking. 

Ingix

You can get the game log by loading the game at a later time, which can of course also be right now (you need the game number for that, in the chat window when the game starts).

To do this, go to the "New Table" tab and press the "Load Old Game" button, then enter the game number. Press "Add bot" until the number of players of the game is reached, then press "Player Order" to make sure you take the role of the player that made the last 'move'. If everathing is ready, press "Ready" and the game will load, at the end (maybe the exact last action, like buying the final Province) isn't done yet.

sdrawkcab

Thanks for replying.

Well it's better than nothing. Now they just need to make game history easily viewable. I shouldn't need to keep a separate word doc to keep track of all the games I've played with basic stats like win/loss.

Ingix

For rated games, this can be done on the following (external) site:

http://dominion.lauxnet.com/scavenger/

Enter your user name, and you can see the latest rated games by you (I *think* it is limited to 60 days in the past).

ElisabetK

With all due respect, Ingx's method is a workaround, and a non-straightforward one at that.

I also would like to see a button I can click to see the game log from the score page at the end of the game. It's nice to see the hands the other players have at completion, and it's also nice to see the turn-by-turn logs, but, speaking as a learner, it would be really nice to be able to see both together or at least be able to wee them by clicking back and forth on a tab or button.

As a learner, I'd really, really appreciate that feature.