Viewing non kingdom cards in 'Familiar Cards'

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrawkcab

You're unable to view the secondary cards when looking at the familiar card menu.

For example viewing Hermit doesn't show you Madmen, nor does Madmen appear as it's own card. Similarly with castles and other such cards.

Ingix

That's not the goal of that tab. If you don't know Hermit, you don't know Hermit, and it is an unfamiliar card. It doesn't matter if if uses a secondary card you don't know (like Madman) or a mechanic you don't know (say debt).

I agree that it would be nice if the information was available somewhere pre-game. An idea might be the in the Kingdom selection screen.

AdamH

Quote from: Ingix on 13 February 2019, 11:40:36 AM
That's not the goal of that tab. If you don't know Hermit, you don't know Hermit, and it is an unfamiliar card. It doesn't matter if if uses a secondary card you don't know (like Madman) or a mechanic you don't know (say debt).

I agree that it would be nice if the information was available somewhere pre-game. An idea might be the in the Kingdom selection screen.

This doesn't make any sense. By not showing all of the information about a card you're answering the question of "am I familiar with this card?" for the user, and the answer is "no". People don't have to memorize every single thing about a card in order to be familiar with it, enough to want to see it in games.

Why not make it so you can right-click a card in the familiar cards window and see all of the information?

sdrawkcab

I mean the kingdom tab does show all the extra cards while you're in a game, but there's no way to look up cards while you're in the game clients lobby. Sure you could google them but now you're using exterior sources. Imagine if instead of pictures the Familiar Cards section was just a list of cards that you can click a checkbox to indicate if you're familiar with the card but there's another section of the website that has all the card information. Now you're forced to go back and forth between tabs if you're unsure on the wording of a card. That's basically how it is right now with the non kingdom card piles. Why not just have all the information right there for you to look at and familiarize yourself with.

Ingix

Again, the aim of the familiar card section is for you to indicate if you are familiar with a card. The aim is *not* to make you familiar with the cards.

I agree that a way to show all the extra cards (or card shaped objects, like Boons or Hexes) outside a game would be nice to have.