Player named Johnsy has repeated complaints of Slow Play. He is taking 4 minutes

Previous topic - Next topic

Megas_Droungarios

Quote... I wish Shuffle iT would take the measures that pretty much every other game of this sort takes:

(1) Institute a clock.
(2) Allow players to mute their opponents.

There is a clock -- if a player takes too long, their opponent(s) are offered a chance to force a resignation.  The problem with making it shorter in duration is that a lot of time slow play is really due to a suboptimal internet connection or to what I like to call "real life getting in the way of playing games" (e.g. a phone call, delivery to the door, the smoke alarm going off because the toast burnt,...)  Allowing players to mute their opponents would seem grand when you run into a trash-talker, but being pinged by your opponent is sometimes necessary when you yourself are involuntarily playing slow.

MusicalRose

Another potential idea is a courtesy rating system perhaps?  It would be nice to have info pop up about your opponent where you can see "5 people have reported this account as abusive, would you like to mute?" before a game even starts.  Gives us time to decide if we actually want to play with that person or just mute them out of the gate. 

And I get having a longer slow-playing limit at four minutes because life happens, but maybe limit that 4-minute timer to 2-3 uses?  If someone really needs 4 minutes more than that they shouldn't be playing the game or should be talking to their opponent and explaining what's up/making sure they're okay with it. 

Basic human decency shouldn't be that hard.  I blacklist when I can, but I do think it is the job of the admins to minimize abuse, bullying, and hostility as much as possible.  I know IP banning is at least possible on other sites.  I liked the above idea about cell phone verification. 

Or maybe.... instead of banning, when the really nasty players get enough complaints, have a special separate auto-match system just for them, and they can all play with each other without realizing they don't have access to the general player pool anymore.  I think they all deserve each other.